It's only just the start...

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

dj_speed_uk wrote:hey plastic, looks like youll have to get yourself a zp cup. now as you mentioned in a previous post
Plastic Mac Very cool! :D

I'm restricting myself, I'm not going to buy one until I have had my first spawn. Then I'll buy the t-shirt and everything :D
LOL, How the hell did you remember that!?!?!?!...You're right though, I did say it so I guess I better put the order in this week. :D I really can't believe you remembered something so insignificant! :D :D :D
dj_speed_uk
Groupie

Post by dj_speed_uk »

:D yup , mad world lol
Nick
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

Congratulations - it just shows you never can tell the sex until they spawn - or not!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics - I'm also going to read your previous posts again to see how you triggered them as it looks as though once they start you can't stop them :lol:
Dale90g
Groupie

Post by Dale90g »

Very cool, and I just had the same experience last night!! My group in one tank had spawned, I saw eggs but never got them out. Last night I fed the group some blood worms when suddenly a little guy came out and went into a clump of them. I was stunned, and I am a bit stuck as the male has a spawn going now. While checking the little bugger out, I saw an egg, the male kicked it out. I scooped it out into a net and have it hanging in the tank at the top. Since he did that, I turned on the light, as I normally keep it off and just look in from the room's light. I didn't see any other eggs loose, but think he is down to 3 eggs with him now.

Checking around the tank I saw another youngster, so there are 2 little ones that have gotten bigger. In watching them, one adult zebra has herself between 2 of the cones, and the fry are jumping on her, she'll shake herself and they get off, then jump back on her. How's that for a little shock. I'm guessing they were getting some nourishment from her.

Sorry to invade your post with this Plastic, and congrats, I know exactly how you are feeling!!
Dale
mykil32
Groupie

Post by mykil32 »

that must have been such a rush seeing that little one for the first time.. congratulations and good luck !