Feeding and Raising Zebra Fry

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

khblock wrote:
I feed my fry this powder that a member from here sells! It works great!! I will ask if he wants other members to know who is and what he makes it out of. My fry actually come out of their shelter to feed on this during the day. its great!
Yes, ask if he would share please.
Thanks!!!
If you go to www.kensfish.com ; under Specialty Foods, there are 'Golden Pearls'. High quality food with 60% protein, Vitamins C and E. They resemble the 'powder' Jeremy is talking about.

I also think the low temperature dried Daphina (also under Specialty Foods) is worth a try too, 50.8% protien, Vitamins A; B, D and C.

BTW, has anyone ever tried adding garlic extract to their fish food? I believe it contains a protein (allycin or something like that) that boosts the fish's immune system. I currently use Seachem GarlicGaurd once a week to supplement their diet.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

If you go to www.kensfish.com ; under Specialty Foods, there are 'Golden Pearls'. High quality food with 60% protein, Vitamins C and E. They resemble the 'powder' Jeremy is talking about.
No its not like that at all!! I use to feed them this but I feel its so small it gets lost in a 60 gal tank. The powder i use is not that fine and more like granules. I think he might have posted his food before , let me find out!
Dale90g
Groupie

Post by Dale90g »

Raul-7 or anyone that knows - I was wondering if you could be more specific of what you use as far as New Life Spectrum food, for fry. I went to KensFish web site, but there is a lot to choose from. I have been using microworms and baby brine shrimp, but would like to give them a bit more varied diet - which I think would be better for them. And thank you already.
Dale