Food for the wee ones

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

McEve
Hypan-guru!

Food for the wee ones

Post by McEve »

I recently discovered red plancton as a food very rich in nutrition and energy. The fry absolutely loves it! I've never seen them so eager to get to the food. The adults also go nuts over it.

Anybody else tried it?
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Not that I'm there yet :D ...but my alpha male has had another zeb (i'm not going to say female as I wasn't aware I had any) in his cave since friday night last week and she's still in there. So I'm now wanting to make sure I'm prepared in case I get lucky as it were.

How do I obtian red plankton so I can give it a go? Is it available as a product from some manufacturer?

Any info would be most appreciated. :)

Plastic Mac
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

The one I got hold of is called MBF frozen fishfood. It wasn't on his regular fish food list, but something he used for his own salt water fish. Ask your LFS and see if he hasen't got some?

They absolutely love it, but I don't know if it has any reverse effects. Like cyclops does if you feed them only that...
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Cool thanks, I'll check to see if they have any. I've found a place on the web which sells it incase my LFS's dont' stock it.

What's the problem with feeding cyclops? I do feed that once in a while and wasn't aware there were any bad effects from it.

Thanks
Plastic Mac
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Threre's no bad effects from feeding cyclops once in a while that I'm aware of. If it's you feed *only* cyclops problems can occur - like constipation and malnutrition.

They love cyclops, but I guess problems from feeding only one thing would/could apply to all foods...