got the tank

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

thebuddy
Obsessed!!

got the tank

Post by thebuddy »

guess what... i got a 55 long and i would like to ask... can somone list every precation i can take to avoid a death becuase of somthing man made? I already have found a place i plan to get plastic coated heaters (2 that are for 25 gallons to avoid one breaking and frying fish) and i hope to get a battery/generator if i can find one somwere under $100 (I have no clue how much they cost i havnt looked into it yet)
Thebuddy is planning his tank
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

can somone list every precation i can take to avoid a death becuase of somthing man made?
No we can't...you're asking the impossible. :?

If you wanna get a good heater though, I recommend a Hydor ETH.... a novel design which I'm surprised no-one has done before. Excellent heater, especially if you have an external filter.
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

okay not EVERY precatoin the reasonable ones
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Since no one else is here I'll leave another answer and if and when an admin or mod turns up, then please correct me if I am wrong or out of line :oops: .

Bud this is a forum for listing information relating to zebra's plecs. If you have questions relating to fishkeeping in general, then although we will always endeavour to answer them we cannot keep spending our time answering questions which do not benefit the site. Our main purpose is to collect and collate information relating to zebra plecs.
If you have more general questions it maybe better to post them in a forum relative to the subject your are questioning. In this case a general aquarium forum.
The idea of this site is so when members and guests arrive they can quickly and easily find information relating to zebras....if they have to search amongst topics which have no relevance to L46's it not only makes their experience of browsing this site more difficult than it needs to be, it also, as Barbie stated the other day wastes Robs time and money.

Please if only for your sake keep on topic, i.e. topics about zebra's, and before you even think about posting...have a search through the old topics as there's a good chance what you looking for is there already.

This topic you have started is asking an impossible question which would go an forever if people answered it. It's like me asking you to list all the possible things which could cause me to die before I reach old age...I'm sure if you think about it for a few seconds you'll realise the list is endless and the fact your now asking for just the reasonable precautions makes no difference...what's reasonable? I thought you knew about fishkeeping...in which case you should already know the reasonable ones because they're essentially the common sense ones... :?

Bud, I'm no moderator,....but it's pretty obvious you're now walking a very fine line. If you wish to carry on visiting here, I really recommend taking Barbies and McEve's advice on posting and general behaviour.

Sorry to any mods or admins if I've been out of line. :oops:

Plastic Mac
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

I think listing ways to avoid killing your ENDANGERED fish is benificial
by reasonable i mean lets not go over board with expensive precatoins that have like 1/100000 chance of being needed like um those things that take out nitrates or nitrites or somthing there like $200 not worth it

so is there anything im not thinking of? so far i have plastic heaters,2 that are half the recomended size and maybe a generator
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

like the man said, if you dont have the experience of general fish keeping
you should gain some before you take on zebs, there are 100s of sites with the info you need,
dont be lazy look it up like we all had to when we first started (the playstation generation)
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

thebuddy, google.com is your friend. This is a discussion board, not a personal help forum. Make an effort, do your research and ask for clarification. I for one don't get paid enough to want to walk you through every hypothetical situation you could imagine. I actually don't get paid at all and this sort of post wastes my time that I donate to try to keep the board an informative place to gain information.

Arguing with the members that are trying to save you from not being allowed to use the board at all is not one of your wiser moves, IMO. This is your last warning. PLEASE make an attempt to help yourself learn and stop expecting everyone to hand you the information you don't have. There have been hundreds of topics covering all sorts of information pertaining to zebras on the board. Try reading them, rather than asking questions that have already been covered and expecting us to rehash it.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]