3 Zebra spawns today!!!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Fishnut2
Groupie

3 Zebra spawns today!!!

Post by Fishnut2 »

Wow,
I woke up to a huge surprise this morning. 3 Zebra spawns! A total of 14 free-swimmers, and an egg clutch of about 12 eggs. The BIG surprise came from 1 male. I was emptying the cave out (since I seen fry) and out comes 9 free-swimmers. I shook the male out, to make sure I had all the fry. And out rolls the clutch of eggs! He either spawned with the free-swimmers in there...or they swam back in after the spawn (which is probably more likely). At any rate...what a way to start off the day! :)
arobles34
Groupie

Post by arobles34 »

Congrats you luky dog....
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

GOOD JOB!!!
Way to go BRO!
One question, do you suspect it happened between 2/3 different females or just one? And did you notice different females around his cave?
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Onds like they have been savin gthem up for your mate.

Arobles, ther eis a high possibility that it would have been 1 male and 2 females. It is possible for 1 zeb to spawn twice within a 10 day period. If the first batch were free-swimming then that would give time for the others to be laid, hatch and await anothe rspawn from the final fmeale!!

Lots of fun!..

Well done Rich

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Fishnut2
Groupie

Post by Fishnut2 »

I did see a female in the cave, courting with the male. I wish I would've looked closer at that time, but I tend to give them thier privacy when they look like they might be spawning. (Except for that spawning video I shot...lol) A quick look would've told us if the fry were still in the cave during spawning. My guess is that they were in the cave, as wigglers. My guess is based on the size of the fry...and the age of the eggs, when I pulled them.
PanaqueL27
Forum Follower

Post by PanaqueL27 »

WOW that is great
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Wow... that's impressive! I am still waiting on that illusive second spawn. Even my trip back to the states (which meant I wasn't fussing on them for a while) didn't do the trick! :?