keeping and breeding of zebras

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

thebuddy
Obsessed!!

keeping and breeding of zebras

Post by thebuddy »

hi i plan to keep 4-6 zebras in a speicies tank and eventuly breed them any ideas as to a good size tank considering future fry will probly live here until grown enough to sell to the LFS and what filtratoin is good and are the differtn types of zebras inter breedable if not how do i tell them apart and how do i avoid fights of which i have seen some bad pictures
Thebuddy is planning his tank
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi The buddy.

First of all, any chance of you putting your location in your profile. you can do it here. :lol:

Also, can we delete your other username thebuddy229. Have a wee loo through teh forum rules here.
:wink:

Most of the questions you have asked can be answered by a quick search fo the forum, but to whet you appetite, here's a wee summary.

4-6 zebs would need at least 3ft tank, I would say a minimum of 120 litres. Filtration is primerily personal opinion as many people have had success with varying filters, just make sure there is plenty of it and a good flow rate.

As far as getting different types of zebras, you won't need to worry. There are some strains out there that are variations i.e L98, but the chances of you getting hold of some for a price less that the cost of a car is slim! :wink:

Avoiding fights, can only be done by making sure there are suitable territories, i.e lots of tank furniture, slates caves etc.

This is just a snapshot, please take browse round the site as it is impossible to write all of the above in one post.

good luck

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

k thank you now to look for indepth info on what you said and no i dont think ill be filling out my locatoin i dont trust the internet it can be dangerous
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

o i guess i have to >_>
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

does slang include things like LFS and DP (dwarf puffer i keep those curently) and FW and BW and SW and other such things
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

o thats what you meant i made that to see if it realy needed my email :P
i dont realy like using my email either same reason i dont like giving out location >_>
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi
does slang include things like LFS and DP (dwarf puffer i keep those curently) and FW and BW and SW and other such things
yes! :lol:

The reason is to make it easier to understand for other users. The forum has quite an international following so we want to make it as accessible as possible. Plus it makes it easier for the search facility to work. :wink:

I Know what you mean about the internet, but you really have no reason to worry the forum is a friendly place!! :wink:

Another wee tip would be to try and write the majority of your message in one post, it makes it easier for people to follow the thread.

Enjoy browsing.

rob
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

i thought up the other things after posting the last :p

hey yer from scotland was wondering about the wee loo and wee tips
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

:lol: :lol: Ha ha.. My apologies, that should be "wee Look", or "little look" :lol: :lol:

Enjoy
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

o and do you recomend getting my zebras from here or ordering from a local fish store (and are all the prices on here like 200 dollars my favorite store said they can order them for like 75-100 dollars)
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

If your local store can get them for $75 - $100 then go for it. But I think they may be winding you up, or they will be young fish! :lol: The only zebras being sold at the moment are from private breeders, so they are a bit of a nightmare to get hold of!

If your local fish shop can't get hold of any then your best bet is to keep an eye on the sales and wants section in the forum.

Could you please put a valid e-mail address into your profile.

Rob
nightowl1350
Groupie

Post by nightowl1350 »

thebuddy....your location helps when on this forum as many are from England etc and if they are selling you won't want to get them shipped over seas :( LOL their prices will be listed in pounds to not $. Some things you have at your finger tips in any lfs they may not have and other things can be called something else so it will make it easier for you with a location.

Drat, I see you aren't in Canada either :( Wish I could get ahold of some at a good price but they are very hard to find here.

Good luck in your quest for the elusive zebra pleco. I love coming here and looking at all the pics. The babies are so darn cute :wink:
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

ill have to mow a few lawn before i can get a few if i have to buy em off here :p

no i cant make the email veiwable to the public its my parents
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi BUddy. It's not to make it viewable to the public, it is just to make you raccount work properly. The site uses your e-mail to let you know when popel have sent you a new message etc. Don't worry it is not availabel to view anywhere. I do understand what you mean though. If you are happy not to be notified they fair enough.

That will be quite a few lawns to mow, and you'll need to wait till spring!

rob
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

true and maybe 25 or so :P and hedges to clip and dog poo to pick up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not that i have anything better to do though....

wait isnt this one a coreect email? you can delete thebuddy229