Sale on plecofanatics

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Sale on plecofanatics

Post by Plastic Mac »

http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/show ... hp?t=14177

These zebs sound far too young to be up for sale already aren't they?

edited to add: Sorry forgot you ahve to be a member now to view the for sale pages. There's 10 far sale, 4 months old.
snr69
Obsessed!!

Post by snr69 »

sounds very young... how much are they ?
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Price isn't given, if you're interested then you need to email him....
19wiggles86
Groupie

Post by 19wiggles86 »

Hi Plastic Mac,

Unfortunately it seems a common occurrence. There are eight for sale on aquabid of a similar age. People putting profit before fish welfare. :x
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

It doesn't surprise me I guess. It's just a shame someone may spend a lot of money only to have them die on him/her. :cry:
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

i emailed him to see how much they were he wants £50 each for them but has sold the 10 and is now making a waiting list for people for when his fish breed again.
i agree with you plastic mac these are far to young for sale
alga
Groupie

Post by alga »

I asked this question in another thread but did not get any response. What size/age is large enough? Local pick up versus shipping? I have some that are about 3 cm and would consider moving them from the parents tank to another so wouldn't local pick up be alright?
Telnes
Groupie

Post by Telnes »

Most of my experience comes from L 260 and i try not to move the fry to new tanks the 3 first months. I wouldent sell them at this age, but if i can move them between tanks, i could probarly sell them to people that lives close by.

I have 12 zebra plecos and many of them where aprox. 3,5 - 4 cm when i got them, and nock on wood, i have not lost any of them.

This is offcourse just mine experience.
grettonman
Groupie

Post by grettonman »

The reason I sold them at four months is I am about to undertake major alterations to my house and as such could not guarentee their survival. I have moved my two breeding tanks and associated colonies to my fathers house and do not intend breeding them again until the autumn by which time I should have some spare tank capacity to grow them on and sell them on at about 12 months. I shall heed your concerns about the fragility of the fry. The money I obtain from these zebs I have sold will be re-invested in equipment and tanks to allow me to raise more fry and hopefully help drive the price down so more people can enjoy these wonderful fish. I also have a breeding colony of Queen Arabesques - the offspring of which I give away