RAM'S

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

pandadosmares
Groupie

RAM'S

Post by pandadosmares »

Today, after a big fight between the not chosen female who ate most of the eggs, born my first baby Ram :lol: its just one since the eggs were layed in the gravel, so i had to pick the tiny gravels up.

Must putt them alone :idea:
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Congrats!!!
I also breed the blue german rams, along with some other dwarf cichlids.....I suggest you start brewing the brine shrimp, decap brimp also works after the tasted they live ones, or are you going to try the Liqufry which I never used personally but I heard it works for the first week or so.
Does your female always eat her eats?? Mine are all notorious for doing this! :cry: I have to pull the eggs with a 70-80% hatch rate which is alright.
Anyways good luck and congradulations!!!!!!!
pandadosmares
Groupie

Post by pandadosmares »

This was the one i saved so it seems 100%born rate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must move away the other females :oops:
Will use the liquify food, it seems to work allright with the pelvicachromis Taeniatus
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

i used to breed these and cacatoides in bulk lol i found micro worm was really good for them and also if you blend some flake with a little tank water it brings them on brilliant
nightowl1350
Groupie

Post by nightowl1350 »

I breed blue rams and use microworms with good sucess. They are too small to eat bbs for about a week. Liquidfry is very messy in the tank and the joy of microworms is they live in tank water for about 24 hours, so if you can only feed once a day that is fine.
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

By "microworms" do you refer to "glass worms" (ie white mosquito larvae)?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I fed my angle fry with microworms. They are very very tiny worms that live in a mix of oats, water and yeast. you harvest them by using your finger, scraping the sides of the container. If you look closely at your finger after having done that, you'll see just a crawling, moving mass of something very very tiny.

The mix they live in smell like something coming from a very hot place, and almost cost me the family peace and tolerance towards my fish :lol:

But they are great tucker ;)

A bit down on this page:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/fry_food.php
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Thanks :wink: I feed the abbys, BNs etc with Liquifry for egglayers and then put them on First Bites, then crushed adult foods. I will try to perfect some of these tricks in preparation for what I consider to be an "impending" zebra spawn :lol:
fishboy
Groupie

Post by fishboy »

COngrats, i had a pair this past summer for 7 weeks. And you know what, they spawned 7 times, always on the 7th day. But i never could get the eggs to not fungus. I put the ph to 7, and i took my C. Arcuatus out, and they still fungused, so i gave up.