smal zebra

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

jeroentje
Obsessed!!

smal zebra

Post by jeroentje »

I bought 3 young zebra's they are 2,5 cm

I already have 2 big ones about 6,5 - 7 cm

but the question is, one little guy went into a cave of a big zebra, and a saw them fighting a little bit. could this be a problem?

greetz,
jeroentje
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Jeroentje
I have a tank of 8 mixed zebras, ranging from an adult male down to a small one, about 2 inches in size in one tank.

I have always noticed the small zebra always seems to be trying to squeeze in beside another zebra, and they do not like it, and usually after a bit of tail slapping and pushing, the small one is ejected, though he dos put up a fight.
He will try again later on, but also tries to squeeze in with the other zebras as well, and is evicted from there also.

Not sure what it is all about, probably just a young zebra that is looking for company !
Keep an eye on the young one for now incase he gets trapped in a cave by an adult, but i think they will get used to the young ones antics through time and you will not have to worry.

No harm has come to him.

Trying to get in with the adult male.

The adult male comes to investigate, but dominant female has spotted the young one.

No more of that young one !
jeroentje
Obsessed!!

Post by jeroentje »

thanks for the reply with the nice pics.

the little one is kicked out :)
here a pic of the cuty's :D

;)
jeroentje
Obsessed!!

Post by jeroentje »

hey, what is this, all the 3 little fellas are back in the cave :D

Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Jeroentje
The young ones look great and are just settling in to your tank.

When i was at Rob's house he showed me a group of 15 youngsters all piled into one cave, and that was in a grow out tank :D
jeroentje
Obsessed!!

Post by jeroentje »

it seems the big one have accepted the little ones, every morning when the lights goes on the 3 little fellas are sitting in 1 cave with the large zebra :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Young zebras and in particular fry love to huddle together, I guess they prefer the safety that a crowd provides. As they mature they become less tolerant of one another. Some of my older fry hang around on their own now and can be a bit aggressive to their younger siblings. Adults tend to be fairly tolerant of youngsters but will often shoo them away when they get fed up of them hanging around.

Adam