Please ID my zebra's gender. :-)

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
princess_pleco

Please ID my zebra's gender. :-)

Post by princess_pleco »

Hi all,

I got some zebras a few weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone can identify which are males and which are females. I will appreciate your help. :-)
Thanks,
Princess_pleco
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

I would guess the top two are male. In the second picture the one on the left hand side looks to me to be the same fish as the top fish in the first picture. The other one I can't quite decide - but as it the pectoral fins are pretty spikey I would guess this is a male too. Nice fish!
zebra046
Obsessed!!

Post by zebra046 »

Sad to say I think they are all males I hope you did not purchase them thinking you got a female maybe the 4th fish is the female as what ceasar said the top fish on the first pic is the same as the one on the bottom left. Good Luck I thought they stopped importing wild fish where about did you get your fish and how much did it set you back$.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Looks like all males too me
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Caesars wrote:I would guess the top two are male, the ones in the second picture are female
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? I corrected this post and it looks like rather than editing the first one the "system" decided to put on both posts, the one after the other !!! In any case, its the second post I meant to send. Can someone check why this happened? Thanks!!!
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Caesars wrote:Can someone check why this happened? Thanks!!!
You might have klcked the quote button instead of the edit button? I've done that accidently before :oops:
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

I had my goddaughter with me and she is getting an intense course in fishkeeping as she wants to get some fry of me. :lol: Admittedly we were messing about, she gave sexing a go - then we pressed the Back button on the browser to go back and correct. Oh well, I suppose stranger things have happend on the planet :lol:
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The form for the page doesn't know you're editting a post unless you specifically click "edit". Otherwise it just treats it like a new post every time you hit that button to post. I deleted your first post for you :).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Thanks Barbie - it was rather confusing :D
princess_pleco

Thank you all!!!

Post by princess_pleco »

Thanks everyone. I took about 7 shots but only two came out nice. There were four smaller ones and I am thinking and hoping they will be females. I have a total of eight zebras. :oops:

Regards all,
Princess_pleco