Re: Some Advice Please Origionally posted on 29/09/05

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

grimreaper
Forum Follower

Re: Some Advice Please Origionally posted on 29/09/05

Post by grimreaper »

Greeting all
After sifting through all your advice re. should / should not remove the divider from an 8 foot tank and allow 2 females + one male in one half of the tank form a colony with 2 males + one female in the other half of the tank. This morning they are now all in one tank but still, as I type this, in their respective caves. I guess they do not know the divider has gone yet. By tomorrow I think they will. I guess I need to keep an eye on the male that had the two females as there is now competition from the other two males.
In due course I will let you all know how this set up progresses.

Regards
Grim
Regards
Grim
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Maybe the two males are happy in their own territories for the moment. The fun will start when one crosses over into the other's maybe... Just keep an eye on them. With a bit of luck, there's enough space there to accommodate two territories with no aggression! :wink:
grimreaper
Forum Follower

Post by grimreaper »

I hope so Mindy. The caves and shelters are spread out over the entire length of the tank now. I have put the original caves in the same positions they were in when the tank was two halves. This morning one male from the old 'two male half' has moved to a cave once owned by a female in the old 'two female half'. I will keep an eye on them as you suggest. One other thing is that there is an 8 foot tank opposite them on the same level that I have just set up to propagate some corals. It has four 150 Watt 10,000 Kelvin Metal Halide lights running and some of this light is being reflected into the Zebras tank. I might be imagining it but they seem more out of their caves this morning. They were in semi darkness. Maybe just a coincidence. I will keep you all informed of their progress.
Regards
Grim