RO WATER / HVY MEATALS FILTER

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

jacew
Forum Follower

RO WATER / HVY MEATALS FILTER

Post by jacew »

IVE USED A HEAVY METALS FILTER NOW FOR AROUND 2 YEARS AND KEEP A DISCUS TANK WITH YELLOW RAINBOWS AND ASSORTMENT OF L NUM PLECS.
HOWEVER THE GH IS 12-14 /PH 7/ NO2 0 /AND NO3 LOW.
NOW IVE GOT ANOTHER TANK TOGETHER FOR MY ZEBS I LIKE TO TRY AND BREED THEM (HOPEFULLY) 60LTR. IM NOW CONSIDERING USING RO WATER? FOR BOTH TANKS.
IVE WORKED OUT A PLUMBING SYSTEM TO HOLD AN AMOUNT OF RO WATER IN A STORAGE CONTAINER IN THE LOFT AREA, BUT MY MAIN CONCERN IS THAT I DONT NOW IF I SHOULD USE RO RIGHT BY KENT TO CORRECT THE RO WATER, IF SO HOW MUCH WOULD I USE. IS IT A FEW DROPS OR NORMALY WOULD YOU NEED ALOT, WHICH WOULD WORK OUT EXSPENSIVE OR COULD I JUST ADD SOME HM FILTERED WATER TO CORRECT THE RO WATER ? I RELISE THAT IT WILL BE TRIAL AND ERROR TO BEGIN TO GET THE CORRECT MIX.
I WOULD LIKE WATER OF PH 6.5 /GH 8 ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED
MANY THX
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

RO water is a good way of getting the hardness of the water down, which is a good idea should you want to breed the Zebra. I know of spawns in as hard a water as you have, but there are some discussions surrounding the hardness of the shell when they spawn in hard water - which in turn might cause damage and deformities to the fry.

But please don't use all capital letters, it's hard to read, and some people consider it shouting, and get offended.
jacew
Forum Follower

Post by jacew »

thx for the info and sorry about the cap letters, that goes 4 ever1 reading my message
cheers