more breeding couples in one tank??

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Robbert
Groupie

more breeding couples in one tank??

Post by Robbert »

Maybe there is a topic about this, but hwat I would like to know if there are any people that have more than one male that is breeding in one tank, if so how big is your tank??
I would like to know that since we are having big groups in 1 tank. if so, I will take out the some of the animals as soon as a couple is together in 1 cave, so i can create more groups.
thanks
Robbert
zebra046
Obsessed!!

Post by zebra046 »

the most I had was three males breeding in a 60 gallon tank a few days apart , the bad thing about it was when I took the eggs from the first male who spawned, w/c happend to be the dominant fish the the next morning he took over the other males caves w/c resulted in an injurd male and less eggs. normally there is only one fish that breeds but this is in a much smaller tank.

the best result is to remove the breeding pair or trio to a 20 gallon tank then the next pair and so on, less blood shed and you have more controll over the gene pool but just a little extra work.

good luck
Robbert
Groupie

Post by Robbert »

thanks that's the idea to take out the pairs to see if we can make new pairs :)

greetz
Robbert