hello there!

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Robbert
Groupie

hello there!

Post by Robbert »

Hello

My name is Robbert
I live in groningen (the netherlands)and together with a good friend of mine we started on breeding several south american cichlids and also zebrapleco's.
I already had some zebra's more than almost two years ago. the funny thing was that they started breeding within a week after i bought them(me first reaction was: oh no.. one died :S because there were two in one cave :) but then I realized what was going on... :)
After soime months, I told a friend of me that I was having litters roughly every month from this group.. so we decided to really try to get things roling..
to make a long story short.. we managed to get our hands on.. about 65 animals (smallets around 5 cm).
but ofcourse if you want to do it in a big way.. things go wrong.. we were having filtration problems... to much nitrate in the water and of course no breeding.. at a certain point we switched from tanks and filters and now everything starts going again... and last month we had three nests...
we group housed the animals for now.. divided over 4 tanks with a lot op caves, rocks some wood and.. good filtration...
The animals seem to be happy are eating very well. the idea is that when the animals are settled.. that we make the groups smaller and divide them over more tanks...
oh for the rest we breed, geo's, heros, tahuantosuyoa, caquetaya, and dicrossus sp. tapajos..

so that's enough for now i think ;)
best wishes
Robbert

We currently have between 40-50 animals which are divided over 4 tanks.. we started with housing pairs.. but we got some filtration problems in this we so we switched to group housing :)
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Welcome to the site Robert, and all the best with your breeding, I hope the little guys have lots of fun :lol:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Robbert

Welcome to thes ite, and I hope you will find it useful. There has been a wealth if information collected, and we're justgetting started!!!!

WHy not pop along here and provide us will a little info on your tank and breeding statistics. http://www.zebrapleco.com/stats.php http://www.zebrapleco.com/register.php

Good luck, and I hope it all gets going again.

Welcome on board I look forward to hearing from you.

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Adam

Post by Adam »

Welcome onboard Robbert. :D

I hope that all goes well with breeding the zebras, with that many fish you have the potential to create quite a few breeding groups.

Good luck with the zebras and I hope you find the forum helpful.

Adam
Robbert
Groupie

Post by Robbert »

thanks I will certainly enjoy myself here :)
Tariq
Obsessed!!

Post by Tariq »

Hi robbert, nice to have you here.
we emailed a couple of months ago.
i hope hope you also enjoy this site.
take care :D
- 10Xadult L-46(4males, 6females)+fry
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260