Introducing my babies

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Introducing my babies

Post by Caesars »

Well, I introduced myself but haven't introduced my tank and the fish yet, so here we are: (Tom2600 I hope you are enjoying this, it took me 5 hours to do it :lol: ):

This is Cleopatra.

and this one Tiger

That is the tank

and it is split in two areas with an open space in the middle, so that is the wood area

and that is the slate area

Zebra Quarters

Trouble

Alley Cat with Hotlips and TI

TI emerging from a munchies expedition

Alley Cat Grazing

Baileys

and my little snow princess

Sally and Christopher

Look at Caesar II in the corner

TI going walkies

Spikey

Sassy and Sunshine

Rudolf with Thunder

and that is Everest

THIS PICTURE WILL MAKE ME FAMOUS :lol: - It is Hilton

Overview Wood part

Sassy with Rudolph (believe it or not, Sassy loves being with any of my three L26s and she does snatch food from Rudolf!!!)

Exculibur

Mandalay Bay

Ocean Blue (not that clear, but still there ....)

Flamingo

MGM

and Lady Godiva

the other guys didn't come out for their portraits and given my nitrate levels I thought I'd better not try to bribe them with some food (then they are out AND smiling :lol:

..... 6 hours later .... I did it, phewwwwwwwwww! Thank you Adam for the tip!
Last edited by Caesars on Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adam

Post by Adam »

:shock: :shock:

That's a fantastic looking tank you have there Caesars, I take it this is the 9 foot tank or should I say small pond. :lol:

Great collection of BIG cats you have there. I especially like the Adonis, I've always liked them due to the caudal fin "extensions" they have.

Thanks for sharing it was well worth the wait, no probs with helping out with the picture thing mate. :D

Adam
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

Great pics mate. :) Nice set-up you've got there too.

Is your tank custom built?
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

I also love the Adonis Adam, but my Alley Cat is a right one .. she is the one real bully (only put in her place by Treasure Island, in whose presence she politely leaves everybody alone). It will be interesting to see what happens when Gini, my smaller Adonis, grows up ...
Nesolb, glad you like the pics :D , the tank is custom made (and took me 4 months to find someone who would make it for me and have it made :roll:
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

That's quite some time it took you but at least you got there in the end.

What are the actual dimensions?

I'm interested to get a picture, in my head, of the actual size. I've been slyly eyeing up some space in the living room that might fit a huge tank.
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

The dimensions are 9 ft by 2 ft by 2ft. The problem was that the companies who make tanks do them up to 8 ft (just under) and I wanted maximum space (as much as I could fit). Also, I wanted lids on the top (to minimise evaporation and prevent my cat from jumping in to join the other cats :lol: and also I wanted lighting that slides (like on the Juwel tanks). If you are thinking of ordering one and you can't get anywhere, I can put you in touch with the company that did it for me. Piece of advice: specify how many doors you need in the cabinet. They put a mock door on mine - as opposed to what I told them - that doesn't open and just supports the weight of the tank. Problem now is, of course, I can't get to the sump easily... :roll:
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

Caesars,

Great pictures, definitely worth the five hours you spent! :wink:

Some wonderful plecs you have, I can only dream of a 9 foot tank, I struggled to get my current 4 foot (55gal) tank past the other half into our living room.

Your 15,000l system plan sounds like that really will be worth a look. :D
Caesars
Obsessed!!

Post by Caesars »

Thanks Tom :wink: But before I get to the 15000 I need to build the exention, no other way to do it! The fish are great - I just love watching them grow - and that is a pleasure you get more with the big cats, IME. The thing of course is, you need to house them as they grow. I had to take the window out to fit the tank in, no way it would come through the door. But hey, where there is a will, there is a way! :D
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

It's just at the idea stage at the moment, but thanks for the info.