Excited!!!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Excited!!!

Post by Shell231 »

I just looked into the zeb tank, as all us addicts do from hour to hour, and saw 2! zebs in the the cave!!!!!! i was so excited almost jumping around but manage to contain myself!

But! and it is a big but! they were 2 males! How annoying is that.

For my next question, is it normal for 2 males to be doing this, is it like them trying out the moves as such? please could someone enlighten me on this.

Thanks

Shell x
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Not normal at all Shell :?

Seems you have Gay Zebs :cry:

Sell em and get straight ones

Im only joking lol although my males dont share so maybe you have a male and a hairy female?? or they like each other lol

Let us know how they go
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

I read somewhere, either here or PC and the person stated that he had two in a cave and thought they were M/F and the next morning the male killed the other MALE...the one he thought was a female...And recently found another two in the cave but this time he shook them out and found two males in there and one was severly beaten up....So I would just keep an eye on them...and watch to see if they are fighting! But lets hope its a female!! :wink:
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

The males will have both liked the look of the cave and will be battling for ownership. UNLESS one is a female. :wink:
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Adam had the same thing happen on here -at the same time as the thread on PC... Link Here

our L129s are always messing in eachothers caves - they have not shown any signs of breeding yet... :(
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

Hi Shell this happened to me once and the male killed the other 1, i made the mistake of thinking it was perhaps a female in there, so keep a very close eye on them especially after lights out as mine killed the other 1 in just 1 night :cry:
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

i am 110% sure they are both males they are nearly 4 inches long with odontodes bigger than well i dont know THEY ARE HUGE!!! so i def know they are both male!! you guys got me worried now

These 2 males often sit nose to nose almost just looking at each other, i think i have gay males :cry: they dont really fight, just a swish of the tail from 1 and the other knows what he means and just goes!