Hi all.

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Fishcake

Hi all.

Post by Fishcake »

Just managed to purchase myself a Zebra so thought I would join you. Now all I need to do is get it to eat. Tried bloodworm, tetra prima, and just put in some mysis for tonight.

Fishcake.
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Hi welcome to the forum, where did you get your Zeb? give it time to settle in, it should eat fine :wink:
10x L046 Zebs for now, more coming soon ;) 6x L199 Plecos, 6x L129 Plecos, 45x Cardinals, corys & shrimps

Check My Blog - http://zebrapleco.net
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Fishcake

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will find everyone here friendly and very helpful.

SO long as there is nothing to intimidating in your tank that will compete for food the wee fella should start feeding soon enough.

Feed after lights out initially, and keep an eye on him over the next week or so for a concave belly.

good luck

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Fishcake

Post by Fishcake »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I got it by chance. A few weeks ago I popped into Swallow Aquatics in East Harling, Norfolk and saw they had a tank labelled UK captive bred zebra plecs £89.99. Sods law the tank was empty. Last Tuesday I went there again and was browsing the tanks when I saw this zebra peering back at me from under some bog wood. Apparently they had previously moved their last one to another tank. I just had to have it.

I think he has eaten some of the mysis and there has been poo two days running. He is currently in a small quarantine tank rather than put him straight in my Discus or Plec tank.

Fishcake.
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of knowledge from the members here, as I've found out myself, so you're in good hands.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Fishcake and welcome to the forum. :D

It sounds like your zebra is settling in just fine, they seem to take to mysis shrimp fairly quickly. Good luck with the little fella.

Regards.

Adam