plecs in hampshire

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Jo
Obsessed!!

plecs in hampshire

Post by Jo »

Hi ive just noticed a guy in hampshire selling his tank and everything in it including 2 small zebra plecs, looks like it is a good deal aswell he probs is not aware of the zebra overpricing at the moment so shhhhhh. He is asking £350 for the lot so he might let the 2 zebs go for a very reasonable price.

I would be interested myself but its to far for me to go so thought i would pass it on.

http://household.uk.freeads.net/TROPICA ... 166224.htm

If any1 goes for it let us know what happens & how much he will let them go for.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I've sent him a message. I'll let you guys know if I get a reply. Probably best if we don't all email him or he might realise he's on to something! But I already have five now, so I don't really need many more at the moment. I couldn't afford them right now if I wanted to! I promise I will make these available to the forum if he replies to me.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

The woman's husband is reluctant to split the tank and fish, but I have explained the situation and she is now trying to change his mind. Does anyone out there want these if I can get them?? Please let me know. I am willing to go out to Basingstoke to collect them. But I don't want to get stuck with them, as I really can't afford another two having just bought three a couple days ago! :shock:

They are in a tank with some Angels and Parrots. They moved and left the tank behind with her brother in law, and they got neglected :( , so they brought the tank to their new place, but it is sitting on the floor as they have no space/furniture for it. I think something needs to be done sooner rather than later.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

ill have them!!!!
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

how much!!! hands off rest of you lol ( what sex are they? )
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Don't know how much, or what sex... or even whether they'll sell them separate from the tank. Like I said, I'm still working on it... and have already sent out the word about it in case they do sell them to me. But I promise, you guys will know if she decides to sell them. I've been having a nice chat with her, so if she can win her hubby over, they'll be sold. But I won't know for a day or so probably. So just sit tight and watch this space. :wink:
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Mindy has she sold them yet? i looked at the ad above and she has taken them out of the ad!
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

She hasn't decided yet. I think she might be considering keeping them and setting up another tank for them. She sent me an email last night thanking me for opening her eyes to the situation and what sort of fish she had, which in my opinion, is a good result - even if it means that someone else can't buy them :? . The LFS told her they were rare fish when she bought them, but she didn't realise just how much so and why. In my opinion, as long as they're being looked after well, the story has a happy ending. I expect she'll email me to let me know what she has decided and I will of course let the forum know. She did say that other people have started emailing her too. I think I was the first to contact her so hopefully I'll be the first she contacts when she has made her decision. I'm won't put any pressure on her - she needs to make her own mind up on this one. Despite all of us sitting here like coiled springs ready to snap them up! :lol:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Mindy wrote: She sent me an email last night thanking me for opening her eyes to the situation and what sort of fish she had, which in my opinion, is a good result - even if it means that someone else can't buy them :?
I think that was very decent of you Mindy! The main thing is that they get well looked after, and if she can't do that then you will be the first person she contacts I'm sure :) I belive in peoples sense of fairness!
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I've just had an email from her asking me all sorts of questions about what their needs are. Bless her. I think she's falling in love with them again.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

hehe! did you tell her how expensive they were to buy? she might just jump on bandwagon and try and breed them. but all is good another pair saved!
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I haven't brought up the subject of money at all. I just explained the plight of the zebra and why I was interested in buying them. I think she was quite taken by it all, as I'm sure we can all identify with! :wink: She is now asking lots of questions about the proper care of them so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. As long as they're happy and healthy, then we've done our job! 8)