Just an idea

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

dave
Obsessed!!

Just an idea

Post by dave »

Hi all

Following on from my last post, where many issues were raised, there is very little trust when it comes to trading in Zebras. So be it.

Also I think that it is agreed that there are not enough to go round.

In another thread it was also mentioned about whether you should consider breeding this fish, especially as a first fish.

And Barbie has also mentioned that there are at least 400 other L No's out there, and no doubt the number will increase.

The cost of fish also keeps arising, forget it, it's a fact of life.

Also in my opinion not everybody who acquires this fish will breed it, and not for the want of trying, enthusiasm or information they have obtained from this site.

I have bred fish for the past 20 years, and managed to sell everything I have bred to local retailers whether it be in London or Liverpool. I would also guess that other members of this site do the same to maintain their addiction to fish, life doesn't revolve around the little Zebra, and many people keep other species.

In addition, there is a limit to the number of people that an individual knows who they believe have the capabilities to breed this fish and the number an individual can mentor, so eventually they have to be released to persons unknown.

How an individual distributes their fish is entirely down to them, but the policy I have decided to adopt is, breed an L No that is capable of being bred in a 4 foot tank max and I will try and sort out a deal with you.

My numbers of L46's are limited, and be realistic I don't want Common Ancistrus, and only tank breds.

I see this as a way of encouraging other people to try and breed more accessible fish, and also in a very small way reducing the demand on the wild population.

In addition with the experience they have gained they are more likely to breed L46's.

I do know the commercial value of most fish as I have access to wholesalers lists.

Any interest, well run it by me.

Dave
mr overkill

Post by mr overkill »

i did have a setup where i had a pair of lf bristle nose a pair of sailfin pleos and one zebra and one regular br pleco lost it all to a dam flood 2 weeks ago and now im like what the hell am i gonna do now

my zebra was 2 years oldd and now if i were to try to replace my zebra it would cost a small fourtune so yea it really sucks for people that want to bring up zebras just to keep and all cause its the cost factor

now if your buying them to breed and you know what you are doing then thats different in my eyes cause you can make your money back but i would use that to go back into the zebras to help out with this shrinking wonderfull animal.

one day i will be able to get another zebra but who knows at this point
:roll: