epiplatys dageti as tankmate

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Cascudo
Obsessed!!

epiplatys dageti as tankmate

Post by Cascudo »

Hello everybody,

I changed the substrate (fine sand instead of sharp gravel, the zebra's really love it and reinvented the fine art of digging!) and planted a lot of fast and slower groing plants, to have finally succes with the plants in this tank.
I will tell more about this project later and show foto's (finally).

During this project it turned out that from the originally 9 fry, 5 have survived, what brings me to a total of 9 zebra's.

I added 4 otocinclus affinus, with which I am quite satisfied (they don't steal zebra food). And I want to add some surface dweller other than hatchet fish.

I am thinking about epiplatys dageti, but I am worried if it stands the high temperature and rather strong current.

Does anybody has experience with this fish?
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Hi there
Yup I breed them.............the zeb tank would be unsuitable really .........as these fish live in the lower 70s.............and they come from still waters also.............but still a lovely lovely fish.
I breed mine in the fishouse in a unheated tank ,with a small sponge filter with very little flow.
Hope that helps

Sid
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Hello Sid,

I am happy to have found someone with experience with both L046 and the Epiplatys. This confirms my doubt.

Thank you very much