The moment of truth!!!!!!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

jerms55555
Obsessed!!

The moment of truth!!!!!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Ok the male zebra is still in the cave , now its going on the 8 day from the last time i saw the female in there.....So im guessing she layed the eggs last monday....So should I just remove him and throw the whole cave in the breeding trap?? Or the male and the whole cave?? Or should I just try to see if there is eggs and just dump the eggs (if any) in the trap....Thanks!
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Jerms,

IMO, you should leave the male with the eggs until the fry has absorbed the yolk sac, unless he has a history of eating the eggs/fry then I would remove them as soon as they hatch.

Ken
Adam

Post by Adam »

Jerms,

I agree with Ken. Leave them with the male as he seems to be doing a good job. If he was going to eat the eggs he would have done it already and he would be hanging his tail out of the cave by now trying to attract another female. What ever you decide on doing I would strongly advise against taking the eggs if they haven't hatched yet. You might want to be extra vigilent from now on as wrigglers can sometimes get accidently kicked out of the cave.

Adam
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Thanks Ken an adam!!
I would have to agree with you, and like adam points out, if he ate them he would have done it already!...So I guess I will wait...and see......... :wink: