hello everyone

Hmmm...what else can I say!
lewis

hello everyone

Post by lewis »

:D hello everyone just found this website its cool to see so many people breeding zebras i always thought they supposed to be really hard to breed , ive managed to get three my self there in a rio 400 with some discus with plants and a few other plecs and corys does any one think they might breed in a set up with these fish, the filtration they have is the jewel internal an ehiem ecco filter, theres a few other plecs (adonis *3, L200 *2, L128 *1, bristlenoses *2 , L114 *1, L25 *1. do you think they would put them off.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Lewis it's nice to have you onboard. :D

Your right zebras are pretty difficult to breed and really have to be provided with ideal conditions in order to increase your chances of a successful spawn.

Personally I would say that the chances of the zebras breeding in your current setup are pretty slim. The main reason is that there are too many other bottom dwellers. They really do best in a species tank, the competion for food and territory with your other plecs would more than likely put them off. Have a read of the threads and you will get an idea of what the typical zebra tank is like.

Regards.

Adam
lewis

my set-up

Post by lewis »

what im hopefully gonna do is move the adoins and scarlets out eventually as there gona get to big eventually , its either that or have another tank set-up whats your opinion on a miniumum tank for them
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Lewis

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find loads of useful info, it's agreat little community.

As for the zebs, How long have you had them for? Keep a close eye on them as if they are new they may find it difficult to compete for food, especially against the other bottom dwellers.

Ideally The zebras have a higher chance of spawning in a species tank. They are a very reclusive fish and easily scared. If they feel any trheat at all they will not even consider breeding.

If I was you, I'd get another tank set up. Ideally a nice wee 3 footer woudl do the trick. This would gove you thoption to increase the colony at a later date if required.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"