Look what I found this morning :)

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

Mindy wrote:I don't have the Royal Farlowella. I think mine is Farlowella Vittata. I've had it since last summer, so nearly a year, and I can't see any whiskers on the snout. Here's a couple pix if it helps. I went out looking for a friend today as it happens! No joy though...

I got my 4ft tank second hand, and it's hopelessly scratched :( Nothing to with me guv, honest!
Yep, she sure does look like Farlowella vittata, and the two rows of belly plates help aim indentification in that direction. By the way, females have a longer, thinner "snout", that of course never develops whiskers. Snouts of males are shorter, stubbier, and when in breeding condition, get the whiskers. Judging by your photo, you have a female :)
Best, Barb
Currently run 25+ tanks and 6 above ground ponds. Breed many species of fish, including catfish, plecos, angels, Uaru's, German Blue Rams, livebearers, even snails.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Thank you for the identification... that is so helpful! I had a suspicion it was female, but it's just "one of my feelings", nothing I could rationalise.

How wonderful it is to see those eggs!!! And so obliging of them to lay on the glass where you can see and take pictures! :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing the progress!
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

How wonderful!! And so obliging of them to lay on the glass where you can see and take pictures! :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing the progress!
SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

The eggs have hatched! Here are some pics of my new "Kids".
Best, Barb

Currently run 25+ tanks and 6 above ground ponds. Breed many species of fish, including catfish, plecos, angels, Uaru's, German Blue Rams, livebearers, even snails.
SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

Here is one of my baby German Blue Rams having a look at the "new guy".

SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

Belly shot!

SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

Here are the eggs right before they started to hatch :)

SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

Close up of baby in egg, he looks mad, LOL!!!

Adam

Post by Adam »

Congrats Barb :D .

Any idea of how many fry you've got? keep us updated on their development, nice pictures by the way.

Well done :D .

Adam
SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

Probably close to 100 :) All the eggs you see in the photo pretty much hatched out!! All babies alive and eating well today too!
Barb
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Wow, that's fantastic!! I guess they grow their noses later. How cute! Looking forward to more pictures as the little guys start to grow! :D