2x 2" Zebs for sale in Lancashire, UK

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

astronotus
Forum Follower

2x 2" Zebs for sale in Lancashire, UK

Post by astronotus »

Had six, three each from two sources, and have sold 4 on eBay for £180 each (the winner wasn't in a position to take them all).

The remaining two are available for *collection only*- PM me if interested or need further information.

Neither myself or the winning bidder was able to sex the fish so they are sold as unsexed.
civicr
Obsessed!!

zebs

Post by civicr »

any pics of these little zebs??also the price does seem a little high have you got a preferd price in mind?as this is not like a ebay auction

thanks
bonsai
Obsessed!!

zebra's for sale

Post by bonsai »

hi, I'm very interested in purchasing a male as I have 2 adult females who are very lonely !.have you any pictures of them ?,also are they mature,thanks,Dawn :? :o
civicr
Obsessed!!

zeb

Post by civicr »

i am intrested aswell thanks
crazyplec46
Groupie

Post by crazyplec46 »

yeah Im interested aswell
astronotus
Forum Follower

Post by astronotus »

Sorry should have given more information.

Was hoping to get somewhere around the price they went for on eBay. Not to get into a debate about the price of zebs on here, there's just no point me selling them for much less than I can get elsewhere.

The only picture I have at the moment is the one on the eBay ended auction
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

I can take better ones if somebody is definitely interested and can agree a price subject to photo- don't really want to mess them about to take photo's unless needed.

I'd like people to make offers before Thursday if interested as otherwise will post them on eBay. Thought would rather post on here even if got slightly less as easier for me and can try to ensure they go to a genuine breeder who has a need to diversify gene pool for instance, rather than just whoever bids highest on eBay who might just put them in a community tank or neglect them.

Thanks,
Paul.[/i]
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

Can you please confirm how and/or where you got them from?

Edit - thanks to the slating! Still my query hasn't been answered! I'm in the market for zebras and was genuinely curious for an answer! :oops: Sorry I'm interested in the well being of this species, sorry if that upsets other like minded people! :?
Last edited by discusbabe on Wed May 02, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stang1
Groupie

Post by stang1 »

I feel that is a little unfair DiscusBabe, they could have fetched a lot less on e-bay but they didn't.
Reason why is because we were the winning bidders and were prepared to pay what we did. Sadly, we could only afford to take 4 of the 6 but we are very happy with our buy.
Paul is a very genuine chap and was concerned about what sort of home they would be going to. We explained that we have many Plecos and that we wanted some Zebras for the purpose of breeding.
He has his reasons for selling them, he shouldn't have to justify them.
He has asked that we keep him updated on how they are doing and we are more than happy to do so.
I can understand peoples sentiments when it comes to such a rare and precious fish but we really shouldn't be so quick to judge people.
I'm sorry if I sound a little harsh, that is not my intention but people should learn more about a person before making such statements.

Paul - Good luck with selling your Zebras, I really wish we could have had all 6!
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Well said Stang, thank you.

For those of you who seeem unhappy with the price, please refer back to the rules for this forum, mainly rule 2:
Please do not give opinions on the cost , or anything else concerning the zebras. We all have our views, but in the end, they will sell for what ever someone will pay. Opinions should be stated in the other forums
As we've said many times in this forum, if you have no intention of buying the fish at the stated price then you have no reason to be in this thread commenting on it. Please leave this thread to those that are genuinely interested.

regards
Plastic Mac
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

well said Mac, we hear this moan too much!!
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

A fish is only worth what someone pays for it :!:
astronotus
Forum Follower

Post by astronotus »

Controversy over the price of zebras whatever next :lol: Thanks stang1, glad to hear they are settling in- will email you tonight when I get home.

I did say I was prepared to accept less than I knew I could get elsewhere, but I am only selling them because I need the money so I don't want to sell them for half what I could get elsewhere (as then I'd be 100% certain they were in a good home by just keeping them instead!)

Discusbabe: I got 6 from Marcus at Pleco Aquatics and a friend imported 6 from Germany (and paid more for 1" unseen fish than many people are offering for 2" with viewing welcome...) We exchanged three of the fish each to mix up the bloodlines, although to be fair I couldn't say whether the two I have left are related fish or not. I have grown them on intending to breed them but have just moved and decided it would be better to get the fish house going ASAP before maybe returning to zebs later (I need the cash for building work before I can start on the things I can DIY myself and do gradually).

Probably going on eBay anyway in another no reserve 1p start auction (so the bidders decide the price) unless I get a firm offer soon from an experienced keeper that can collect.
stang1
Groupie

Post by stang1 »

Ok - speak to you later. :wink:
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

[quote="astronotus"]Discusbabe: I got 6 from Marcus at Pleco Aquatics and a friend imported 6 from Germany (and paid more for 1" unseen fish than many people are offering for 2" with viewing welcome...) We exchanged three of the fish each to mix up the bloodlines, although to be fair I couldn't say whether the two I have left are related fish or not. [quote]

Thank you for that, I'll pass on this occassion but wish you luck.