two tanks? two breeding pairs?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

zebra_man
Groupie

two tanks? two breeding pairs?

Post by zebra_man »

hi guys:arrow: i have me a four foot aquarium and wanted to know something about breeding. if i get 2M a 1F will the female breed with both the males or just the Alpha? if so then if i got two tanks and placed 1M and 1F in each tank would i get more breeding going on?
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Re: two tanks? two breeding pairs?

Post by CDNAqua »

zebra_man wrote:hi guys:arrow: i have me a four foot aquarium and wanted to know something about breeding. if i get 2M a 1F will the female breed with both the males or just the Alpha? if so then if i got two tanks and placed 1M and 1F in each tank would i get more breeding going on?
Just the Alpha, as he will only allow her to breed with him hence being the Alpha. He would probably sabatoge any connection to the other male.
However if she was showing interest in the other male then I would remove the Alpha to another tank to let the male she favors have a go.

You may want to try 2 tanks down the road to add to your gene pool. That is, if the female will take to the new Alpha/new tank. May take some time or may not. Zebs from my experience are unpridictable.

Myself I would just leave all 3 together until she gets a mate.

Peace

Troy
Last edited by CDNAqua on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

Post by AndyAps.com »

Zebra man...............USE THE SEARCH FACILITY!!!!!!
It is your best freind at this point in your zebra experiance.
If you asking basic questions like that im guessing you dont have much pleco experiance.........in which case dont get zebra's........you will loose them. if im wrong and you do have loads of experiance why the newbie questions?
use the search button,,,,,,,,questions like that have been covered hundreds of times........read the answers.
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.