Hi from Toronto

Hmmm...what else can I say!
nightowl1350
Groupie

Hi from Toronto

Post by nightowl1350 »

Recent pleco convert, but my common brown (breeding ) BN plecos are not as exciting as Zebras

Love the cute little guys.....don't really expect to ever own some :cry: but if they ever fell into my tank or I won a lottery and could afford them I would love to try and breed them. Wish all of you out there breeding them great sucess...slip some up to Canada if you can. I've never even seen one except for in the great pics you all have on here.
INXS
Obsessed!!

Post by INXS »

Hey nightowl,
welcome and you never know , if you keep your eyes open there may be some popping up since people change hobbies, move , etc and when you least expect it you may come across some.

Meanwhile you could just take a hockey referee, stick him in the bathtub and pretend? 8)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Welcome nightowl. :D

Who says BNs are not exciting, my lot finally got their act together a couple of weeks ago and I was well excited. :D

Like INXS says you never know, you just might come by some one day. As more and more people manage to breed them they should start coming up for sale more frequently. :wink:

Regards.

Adam
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote: Like INXS says you never know, you just might come by some one day. As more and more people manage to breed them they should start coming up for sale more frequently. :wink:
Which is what this site is all about, apart from having fun, sharing experiences so forth - but making the fish available to more people, and lessen the pressure on the wild population, is number one!

Welcome, nightowl - hope you enjoy the site, and that you'll find some Zebras soon :D
nightowl1350
Groupie

Post by nightowl1350 »

I have seen some for sale in Toronto, but can't afford the $250 each for them :( I'll just have to settle for looking at all your great pics.

My BN have been spawning for about 10 months so it is not as exciting, but they do sell well :) As a matter of fact my male BN is the only male (fish) in the house that doesn't eat any eggs it sees :( He is a great Dad and doesn't care when I move him and his eggs to a 10g tank to hatch out. He freeked the first time, and didn't go back in with the eggs for about 4 hours. I can't leave him and eggs in the 65g tank they breed in as it is an angelfish grow out tank.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU ZEBRA BREEDERS.....MAKE TONS OF BABIES FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD TO BUY :)
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Nightowl

Welcome to the site, sorry for the long delay in replying, but I've working away from home for a few days!

Anyway, I'm sure you will get a chance to get some of these guys soon enough. As McEve said the purpose of the site to get a large number of Captive Breeders. Once this happens we will hopefully be able to dictate teh prices they are sold for, thus bringing the costs down.

Enjoy

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"