Zebbie tank...

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Zebbie tank...

Post by Plastic Mac »

OK here's my finalised tank setup.
I think i've got it pretty much correct, the only thing that might be lacking is extra circulation of the water. Maybe another powerhead somewhere?

Any comments, good or bad would be most welcome.

fishboy
Groupie

Post by fishboy »

Nice tank. What size is it, how many zebras you got, and what is the ratio. That is a very nice looking setup, good luck
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Plastic Mac,

The tank looks great, the zebras should be very happy in there. :D
The only suggestion that I have is to move the Eheim Bioball to the same side of the tank as the spray bar so that all the current is in one direction. You probably will not need a powerhead then.

Oh, I fixed your link by the way. :wink:

Adam
fishboy
Groupie

Post by fishboy »

I just wanted to move this thread. Plastic Man, what size tank is this, what kind of circulation/filtration is on it, and how many zebras do you have. I plan on setting up my tank like yours
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

The tank is a standard 36x12x15, with an external eheim 2224 filter and an eheim aquaball for a 3 foot tank. I removed one of the compartments of the aquaball, one because it was too long to fit sideways in the tank and secondly as it's only there to add a final polish to the water.

The tank turnover is about 7 times an hour (approx) although I have a couple of spare power heads which I may use...not decided yet.

The tanks got 4 adults and 1 that isn't far off adult, a grumpy teenager I think...but there's easily enough room for another 3-4, possibly 5 max.

Not much has changed since I took the picture...I've removed some of the sand as there was a little too much to start with and although I haven't got round to it yet, Rob recommended moving the aquaball filter to the other side so the current comes from one direction.

oh and as of last night I've put some of those moss balls into the tank too...

if you wanna know anything else just let me know, I'll be more than happy to answer anything.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I think that looks great! Zebra heaven :D You should upload the picture to the tank set ups section in the gallery in my opinion 8)
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Thanks McEve :D It's always nice to have the moderators give their seal of approval.

I've already uploaded the picture to my user profile but can't seem to move it to the tank set-up section. Perhaps I'll have to load it up to there specifically.
I also uploaded a few new pics I took of my zebs last night to my profile, but the thumbnails just come up as black pictures, although they are fine when you click on them...v. strange!

Plastic Mac
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I must admit I'm a bit lost in browsing the members personal albums... But it seems to me you need to upload a copy to the public gallery. Your tank deserves to be there so why not :D

edit:

I see what you mean about the thimbnails. I think that's a buildt in feature in PHP, a filter of some sort that makes the page faster to load. Correct me if I'm wrong here neo, as I'm talking about things I do not really know now!

I agree it looks strange, but it has a function.... I think. Very nice pictures btw! Well worth a visit :)