When can I.......

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

jerms55555
Obsessed!!

When can I.......

Post by jerms55555 »

take my new fry into their new tank? They are just over one month old now and was wondering when should I be able to take them out of their fry trap and place them in a 10gal tank.? I was planing to fill at least 80% of the water with the tank water they are in now...but I want to know at what age would it be safe do to so.
Thanks
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Jerms

I move my fry from the trap, (hanging in the parents tank) after about 5-6 weeks. I then place them in a tank in my 3 teir set-up. These tanks are continuously running however, adnare well cycled. Is there anyway you can get the tank running now just to be on the safe side.

SO long as you are also using some of hte filter media from the tank it should be safe enough.

Good Luck

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Sounds good....This 10gal tank has been up and running for like one year now...So in the past month or so, I have been replacing the 10 gal tank water with this the water from the zebras tank. So it should be good than!
Thanks Rob