Spirulina

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

wu19
Groupie

Spirulina

Post by wu19 »

Spirulina; Spirulina Platensis and Spirulina Pacifica. Spirulinas are blue green micro-algae, unseen to the naked eye, usually grown in warm and brackish water. It contains between 60 to 70% complete and highly digestible proteins. Its protein makeup contains 18 to 22 amino acids, including all the 8 essential amino acids. Spirulina is a rich source of vitamins A, B, E, H, and of thousands of enzymes, dozens of minerals and trace elements, and chlorophyll.
It is also one of the best source of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) – an essential fatty acid necessary for tissue growth and regeneration. Due to its soft cell wall all of Spirulina’s nutrients are easily assimilated. Didn't know about spirulina until i joined this forum. Its even good for humans. Ive been trying to go organic with my foods and since i heard of spirulina on this forum, i hear nothing but good news about this algae. Thanks guys.