Lukan's Zebra Biotope

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Lukan
Forum Follower

Lukan's Zebra Biotope

Post by Lukan »

Hi,

It started out with a Bushy Nose pleco and the rest is history. I've been keeping Hypancistrus L66, L260, L333's in my display tank with a few of my Discus. As i learn more about Hypans the more zebra's kept coming back at me. I've kept fishtanks for the past 20 year from Saltwater to reef to discus and now to hypancistrus. Funny enough a friend of mine offered me a school of zebra's and i said no because my heart was so set on Discus. Fast forward 2 years later i told my friend that he should have twisted my arm to keep his school of zebra's. I've been fortunate enough to acquire a breeding group that belong to a hobbyist that was leaving the hobby because life got in the way.

As i visited planetcatfish and this site, a few tanks inspired me to keep zebra's. I would like to give credit to the following members for inspiring me to create the biotope for my zebras.

using slates:
http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworl ... fectionist

aquascaping:
http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... 470#p43449

Everyone here especially TTA, Midnight ,Apistomaster, Rich of CanadaPleco and Shawn have been so helpful in answering my questions.

Here is my biotope.
FTS front
FTS front
FTS side
FTS side
All happy in a cave with the female in the middle deciding who to visit
All happy in a cave with the female in the middle deciding who to visit
Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me Again!
Look at me Again!
It works! It work! A visitor insisting to come in!
It works! It work! A visitor insisting to come in!

Cheers,
Marte
Thanusan

Re: Lukan's Zebra Biotope

Post by Thanusan »

wow very nice set up......... I love it

Shawn
Owenodin
Forum Follower

Re: Lukan's Zebra Biotope

Post by Owenodin »

I like this sand with those rocks -- nice clean look.

What kind of sand is it, if you don't mind me asking.

owenodin