Hello from Missouri! TIPS WANTED :)

Hmmm...what else can I say!
2kinggirls

Hello from Missouri! TIPS WANTED :)

Post by 2kinggirls »

Our names are Bre and Rhea and were a daughter-mother team. We have had fish for several years and currently have a 55gal and 60gal. Bre works at petsmart and found interest in the zebra plecos. We are looking to start breeding zebras soon and would like some successful tips to help us get started! we have a 40gal breeder tank and a ehiem ecco canister filter. Is there any suggest places to purchase caves and slate pieces? we love this site already and look forward to our newest hobby! :)
TwoTankAmin

Re: Hello from Missouri! TIPS WANTED :)

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Welcome to the site ladies. The best thing I can suggest is reading a lot of what is here as well as a few other places on the net. You will find out there is no one single way to do things. So the trick is finding out what works for you.

Once you have done some reading you will have plenty of questions folks will be able to answer. You will need caves and wood at the very least and might want sand substrate and some other rockwork.

Also, how many fish are you planning to get and at what size?
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Joby
Mentally Certified!

Post by Joby »

Hiya and welcome :)
2kinggirls

Post by 2kinggirls »

We are thinking we will start with one male and three females, adults if we can find them at a good price. We aren't going to put any other fish in with them.
Lukan
Forum Follower

Post by Lukan »

Hello and Welcome. I'm a newbie as well when it comes to zebras. However, i have a good collection of other hypancistrus. I will be following your thread as well for tips from the veterans.
John

Post by John »

Welcome 2kinggirls :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]