fish house

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

sparkee
Groupie

fish house

Post by sparkee »

im currently setting up my fish house. there will be 50 tanks on 10 different sets of filters. im stuck on how to heat it.
i was thinking of inline heaters but cant find any that will fit on 28/32mm pipes.
does anyone have any ideas on how i can get round this little problem.

sparkee
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

I ran into that same problem as well with mine....Luckily i live in sunny california....but we have long cold winter nights as well......A couple of people I know actually just heat the room to around 75-77 and only keep heaters in the tanks that need the extra heat. But then you have a pretty large electrical bill and the room is like a dam desert!
I personally just added these $5 heaters in mine....and the more expensive heaters in my prize fish.
Can I ask how your filtering your water??? Are they sumps? or canister filters? I saw some external filters that have internal heating.....that could be an option?

Maybe if you havent bought the filters you can arrange the setup differently???
sparkee
Groupie

Post by sparkee »

im using pond canister filters with a flow rate of 8000lts an hour and no heater option(i could get different ones but cant find them that large with heaters)
the problem with heating the room is that the outside temp goes below 0c and im not sure that a room heater will hold temp. im using the fish house for plecos so will need it to be fairly warm.
i could use the 15mm inline heaters if i could find the pipe work to fit
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Have you tried MarineDepot.com......they have a bunch of nozzles and pipes/reducers...I don't know if they ship to the UK......
sparkee
Groupie

Post by sparkee »

MarineDepot.com have some good stuff, but not the reducer i need. it has to convert 32mm in to 2 x 16mm outlets
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi SParkee

try having abrowse around www.fishfurfeather.com they have some pretty good stuff and a wide range of pipeing perfect for fish rooms.

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
sparkee
Groupie

Post by sparkee »

thanks
all sorted, well for now at least