Putting to litters together

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

McEve
Hypan-guru!

Putting to litters together

Post by McEve »

Would there be a problem to put the first batch together with the second? It wouldbe a lot easier to have just one fry trap in the tank :roll:

They are 2 weeks apart, the oldest 4,5 weeks old the youngest 2,5 weeks.

The oldest wouldn't harm the youngest would they? There's only two of the oldest, while there's 12 of the youngest.
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

I am so jealous that you are in this position :twisted: , i would be greatful to have a small brood of 2, Just kidding. I would have thought that if they are of a fairly similar size they should be ok as they are not the most competetive of feeders, Just an opinion based on other fry. :D
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I put them together, and there's no problem at all. On the contrary, the two seemed to be very happy to get a bunch to snuggle with :D

All is well
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi McEve

No problem at all, once again make sure ther's lots of hiding places. The only time this will create a problem is if there are different unrelated parents, and you wish to keep some of your stock to breed with. AT present I have soe older fry remaining with their parents in seperate tanks to enable me to differentiate between them if I ever use them for breeding.

Rob