L46

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

Adam

Post by Adam »

sid wrote:Rob already has an army times 10 :P
That's more like a regiment mate. Matrix has the army, all 33 of them. :mrgreen:
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote:Hmmmmmm who can I team up with?

Forget you're colony mate when I team up with Matrix99 we'll have an army. :mrgreen:
yeah... where did he go? would be hard to beat his army pluss an ally or two :D

You watch yourself now Adam, you'll be branded obsessed in only a few posts yourself! :lol:

I agree, this forum is a fun, and educational place to be, and I'm very happy to have met you all :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Good question McEve, where did Matrix99 go? Well I guess he has his work cut out for him, can't be easy looking after 33 zebras. :lol:

Been obsessed by a great many things over the years but this zebra thing is all consuming. :lol:

I agree, this is a great forum and likewise I am happy to have met like minded people who are passionate about zebras. Do you think I should get out more McEve :?:
Last edited by Adam on Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Adam wrote: Do you think I should get out more McEve :?:
What, with your Zebras a wife and computers? Nah, you have plenty to do with you time haven't you? :lol:
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Exactly.........stay in and watch ure zebras............as there is nothing on tv these days
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

At least you guys can watch your zebs in the warmth and comfort off your homes i have to sit in my cold shed to watch mine as thats the only place my girlfreind would let me set it up as i have a 4 foot planted community tank in the front room and she wouldnt let me have another in the house so that was my only option. :(

i suppose one good thing is that they dont get disturbed that much, and what with having two small girls who love to bang the glass it might be a good thing
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I had two ex's that didn't want more tanks in the house. You might tell her that :p. It's a hobby that keeps you home, in the house, not out on a boat or playing with your friends. For some reason significant others can get real tunnel vision about things that take up your time, but the fishkeeping hobby shouldn't be one of them, IMO. Then again, my husband loves fish and only teases me occasionally about all of my tanks full of brown fish that hide :p

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Adam

Post by Adam »

Well said Barbie, I've used the same argument many a time. My Mrs doesn't mind the fish so much it's the ever expanding number of tanks. We moved to a bigger house last year and she says that at the rate I'm going with my tanks it will end up being smaller than our former place.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

The hubby jokes frequently about just siliconing the basement, but I don't think he's quite serious yet, so I've put off the stocking plan for now :lol:

Barbie
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Wow...... a basement tank..... think fo the funwhen you needed to catch the zebra fry!!!!!!!!

My wife is pretty good, I thinkn she kinda feels responsible, as she bought me the original 2ft tank as stress relief, that consequently started the addiction, sorry hobby!

:lol: rob
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

My girlfriend has issues with the numerous tanks that are in my room, i have just taken two out :cry: but we may be moving soon so we i wil have to find a place with solid floors, floor joists will not do, they are not strong enough :shock: . My LFS sound this out when a block of 12 tanks dissapeared into the basement :shock:
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Tristan not all floors will have structural problems from tank weight, it depends on where you sit the tanks. Load bearing walls and external walls with the beams running perpendicular to the wall should be fine for well made stands that are distributing the weight. If they weren't, your refrigerator would already be living downstairs ;)

Barbie
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

So would your bath.....everytime you filled it up and you got in....never mind the lucky times :wink:
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

I know a little bit about construction as i work in the industry but i was suprised to see the fish shop with a big hold in the floor.

Fortunatly for fishkeepers, a lot of the builiding now going on at the moment is with concrete block an beam that is screeded over so you can put your tanks just about anywhere on the ground floor. Some builders are even putting block and beam on the first floor as well, imagine that every room with a tank!

Having said that, some of my relatives in America had an acrylic bath that was a fish tank, if that makes sense. You would sit in the bath and the other side of the acrylic would be fish . Very cool indeed, the only draw back was that they were only goldfish. Still nice idea.
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Matrix99

Post by Matrix99 »

Adam wrote:Good question McEve, where did Matrix99 go? Well I guess he has his work cut out for him, can't be easy looking after 33 zebras. :lol:

Been obsessed by a great many things over the years but this zebra thing is all consuming. :lol:

I agree, this is a great forum and likewise I am happy to have met like minded people who are passionate about zebras. Do you think I should get out more McEve :?:

Hi; Will be a pleasure to join forces with You two (Adam & Mc Eve) Rob's soldier files are growing in danger numbers. I Still working with some lazy soldiers that I have. making internal divisions. :D