Strange Lesion Like Mark

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Ok, I'm not having much fun at the moment!!!

The lesion appears to be getting deaper!! The ESHA 2000 does not appear to making any difference.

I'm going to catch her tonight and have a clsoer look. I'll get some more photo's.

Just to add insult to injury, my other main spawning female took a beating from the male during the last spawn!!!!!!!! :( Ever get the feeling you're having one of those bad fish months!!

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Tom Kvitnes
Groupie

Post by Tom Kvitnes »

Sorry to hear this Rob :(

Looks like keeping Zebras, gives us all some grey hairs and a blow in the face from time to time.

Hope you get it sorted and can save your female !

Regards

Tom
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Rob, I'm so sorry to hear your ladies are having a hard time these days :(

Could it possibly be an external parasite which is affecting your lady with the patches? I've read that white or discolored patches of the skin can be a symptom of Trichodina. ESHA 2000 is supposed to take care of bacterial infections? I might be wrong in this as I don't know the medication, this is just myimpression. If this is correct, and ESHA 2000 doesn't help, then maybe looking into external parasites would be the next step.

Is she eating well? Behaving normally otherwise?

I hope you find what's wrong with the lady!
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that the treatment hasn't worked. I am surprised, since it is very broad spectrum and treats 18 different symptoms and disease organisms. Could it be that it may have worked and that the wound appears deeper due to the bad/dead tissue coming away?. It does say on the bottle that stronger doses are possible with virulent diseases.

Sorry also that your other female was beat up. Try and make sure that she does not get fungused, as I found out to my cost , with my beat up male, that this can be fatal if not treated ( Esha2000 or Protozin) very early.

Regards,
Des.
du ma
Obsessed!!

Post by du ma »

hope everything goes well for you rob

keeping fish these days can lead us into drinking
Tariq
Obsessed!!

Post by Tariq »

i hope everything works out rob.
good luck.
- 10Xadult L-46(4males, 6females)+fry
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260
-20Xcorysterbai
Tariq
Obsessed!!

Post by Tariq »

i personally would filter each tank seperatily,becuase if there breaks out a disease in 1 of your tanks all tanks will be infected.
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260
-20Xcorysterbai
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

HI Tariq

The ill fish is in a specias tank with one other male zebra. The 3 teir set-up is purely for young zebras at the moment. The idea being that I can switch fish from one tank to another without fear of a change in water chemistry.

I will try and get another phot tonight and post it tomorrow to see if anyone has any ideas. I am continuing with another course of ESHA 2000 at present.

here's hoping!

Rob
sid
Obsessed!!

Post by sid »

Hi Rob....................just wondering if its hole in the head disease..mainly affects cichlids though ..but getting deeper sounds familiar.
what ya feeding em rob?.as hole in the head is mainly down to diet.............lack of vit b6...................think she would take some chopped up earthworms?...................lots of them .and good clean water..worth a chance mate
sid...........perfection dont come easy ,but i get by
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Sid

Definately not hole in the head. It appears to be more of a sort of abraision. As far as diet goes....only the best bloodworm, Tetra Prima, Corgette, and of course the famous McEve mix!! :lol:

She still seems in excellent health apart from the lesion. She even appears to be carrying eggs!!!

I'll do one more treatment tonight of the ESHA, and see how she looks tomorrow. It certainly doesn't appear to be getting any worse at this stage.

Cheers mate

Rob
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that there appears to be no improvement in your females condition, I would definitely keep up with the Esha treatment. If the lesion doesn't appear to be getting any worse then I would say that's a good sign. Main thing is that she appears to be in good health despite the lesion.

I would cease direct treatment of the lesion for the time being and closely observe for any deterioation in the affected area. You might stress her out too much and delay the healing process otherwise.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Adam
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

These photo's were taken last Wendesday 27th April.

Despite appreaances, the lesion doe not go below the linitial epidermal layer, although ther is slight indentation.

The mark has now started to dissapear, and the colouration is returning, so...thank you all once again.

The ESHA 2000, may have taken a little time, but it certainly sees to have done the trick.

I have also noticed a stray fry that must only be about 4 weeks old in the bottom of the tank, so there is some additional proof that ESHA seems safe for the "younger memebers of the family"

Cheers again,

Rob
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Rob,

Thats Good news. Well done for persevering with the Esha treatment.

Regards,
Des.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear that the female is on the mend and that you found a stray fry. :D

Adam
Tariq
Obsessed!!

Post by Tariq »

he rob is the female all healthy now?