spawn on glass

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
aldicks
Forum Follower

spawn on glass

Post by aldicks »

HI
I have a new spawn that are now "free swimming ' and can be seen here and there on the glass ( virtually always on the glass) of my zebra colony planted tank. I have raised a few before. They are extremely hard to catch to get them out of the tank ( and fatalities will occur) yet growth is slow in the big tank ( 70 gallons). They can't get that much food ( biofilm) off the glass but I do not think that they are eating anything else. Does anyone out there know of a really good food for the babies. By the way,I feed the adults ( nothing else in the tank) with,among other things ,the European Shrimp Mix recipe which seems to be pretty good. It's a home prepared food actually designed for Tropheus specis and it seems to be good for them too. I don't think that the babies are eating anything but what is on the glass
Tankfull Tropicals
Forum Follower

Re: spawn on glass

Post by Tankfull Tropicals »

I use a product called Golden Pearls from Kensfish.com. It is as good as newly hatched brine shrimp and they are a good reputable supplier that is worth a look. Brine shrimp are always a goog choice too. They stay alive and in suspention for a few hrs too. :wink: Shrimp are almost total protien and that is what counts for young fish.
My Zebras have not yet spawned but I get Good groth rates from Golden Pearls with my other Plecos.
" Always be Tankfull "
pleckingpob
Forum Follower

Re: spawn on glass

Post by pleckingpob »

try crushing chichlid sticks up into really fine peaces almost like powder u cn add a mix of good granular foods and cruch them up abit messy tho so more water changes needed . i havent breed zebra pleco b4 jst starting to gt a grop of young together now but have successfuly bred outher plecos
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Excellent Heating TipsSite

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the lady talking about right way heating and cooling, electric furnace, heating furnace repair, ground heating system, furnace heat exchanger replacement, air comfort heating and cooling, I highly recommend this excellent plumbing cleaning service blog or goodman heating and cooling, lennox heating and air, heating forced air, heating solutions, ductless ac installation near me, wilsons heating, as well as this excellent plumbing repair service link as well as cb plumbing and heating, electric home heating, complete heating, hvac and plumbing, furnace and ac replacement, oil furnace cleaning, and don't forget this high rated boiler cleaning service info which is also great. Also have a look at this useful heating repair service info on top of ducted heating system, buzzell plumbing, allens heating, star heating and air, gas furnace maintenance, mini split installation, and don't forget this great AC repair service blog as well as anytime heating and air, climate heating and cooling, heating and ac repair, gas boiler repair, 5 star heating and cooling, davies plumbing, and don't forget best boiler installation service details which is also worth a look. I also recommend this awesome AC installation service info not to mention heating and cooling air conditioner, sunshine heating and cooling, ductless ac installation near me, central heating installation, emergency hvac, belred energy solutions, not to mention this updated boiler cleaning service url and don't forget emergency heating and cooling near me, 24 hour ac repair, local hvac contractors, heating and air companies, heating & air conditioning, plumbing heating near me, on top of top rated boiler repair service blog which is also great. Finally, have a look at this top rated plumbing installation service site for good measure. Check more High Rated Heating Advice f503aea