HELP!!! Zebra with lumps, possible warts???

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

HELP!!! Zebra with lumps, possible warts???

Post by AndyAps.com »

Hey everyone, Please help......
I have a wild caught male zebra plec, he's probably about 6yrs old...... yesterday i noticed these pinkish lumps on his head, i've took some pictures best i can but didn't want to stress him by trying to catch him.

To me they look like some kind of wart?? or papiloma?? but i have absolutely no experience of anything like this and am really worried it could spread to the rest of my group??
The Zebra in question is acting, eating and behaving normally, still has a healthy blue tinge to his fin and is very alert, i.e diving into his cave if i approach or spook him......

So has anyone had experience of anything like this? is it treatable? what do i do?? please help!!!

Andy
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.
AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

Re: HELP!!! Zebra with lumps, possible warts???

Post by AndyAps.com »

Oh and just to add,
My water parameters are

PH 6.5
TDS 80
Nitrate 20ppm
Nitrite & Ammonia - Zero
Its a Zebra only tank containing 8 Zebra plecs, all the others show no signs of any lumps and all are healthy and acting normal, (including the one above)
I have and do feed live bloodworm, but have done for a long long time and never had problems with it before so don't think it could be that.

Any ideas or further requests for information are greatly welcomed.
Please help me on this
Andy
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.
John

Re: HELP!!! Zebra with lumps, possible warts???

Post by John »

Did you take a look at the health section?

I would treat the tank with binox , made by : jungle labs

I had very good results with this broad spectrum anti fungus/ bacteria medicine, it is absolutely safe to use on hypans.

Just my 2 cents :?
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]