Hi From Florida!

Hmmm...what else can I say!
Fern
Obsessed!!

Hi From Florida!

Post by Fern »

I tried to join about a year ago but something didn't work right :dunno:
But any how I am here now! I have an adult WC pair and 3 F1 juvies.
My list of other fish is a bit extensive... Mostly African cichlids along with a few discus and plecos and bettas.... I work at a LFS and breed fish to keep up with the maintenance costs of them. I would love to learn much more about my zebras! I just moved my 3 young ones out of their 20G long into a 30g and am moving the adults in with them soon. So I have plenty of pics to share of the young ones and maybe yall can help sex them?
Jacqueline
Groupie

Re: Hi From Florida!

Post by Jacqueline »

Welcome :hello:
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Welcome to zp.com.

When you get them all together be sure you have some cover. The dynamics are different with a group than with a single pair. Because your F1s are smaller this may be OK in terms of the normal fighting that takes place when a group works out its pecking order since there is a clear size difference.

IMO the addition may not do much to stimulate spawning if the new fish are not yet old enough to spawn. This sort of fighting for seniority that usually precedes spawning may not happen if most of the parties are too young to spawn.

In any case keep an eye on things soon after you combine them jik since it is not uncommon for mature males to kill each other in the process. Normally, this will involve one male trapping another and slowly killing it in the cave.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Welcome to the site. 8)

Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Fern
Obsessed!!

Post by Fern »

There will be 2 adult sized caves and there are plenty of crevice caves for the little ones.
Should I not combine them?
John

Post by John »

Welcome Fern :)
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

By all means combine them. I was just giving you a heads up so you would be aware of a potential issue. That does not mean it has to happen only that it can and therefore you should just be aware of it.

Its better to be prepared as the boy scouts say :-)
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Fern
Obsessed!!

Post by Fern »

Ok! I will add a visual divider between to 2 large caves, pretty much visually dividing the tank in 2, that should keep 2 possible males happy?