Something new in the tank today!

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
zcat
Groupie

Something new in the tank today!

Post by zcat »

No, it's not any of the zebs I ordered awhile ago. Still waiting on that front. :?

But......I bought a gorgeous Blue-Eyed Pleco (Panaque suttoni) at a LFS for a steal today. :D I posted the sighting of him on the pleco board thinking that I would have a ton of inquiries about what store had him but there were only a couple of e-mails sent to me. Well, I couldn't stop thinking about him and those bright blue eyes so today I called the store and they still had him so I ran down and grabbed him :)

I have no idea yet what I'm going to do. Do I keep him? Try to exchange for some zebs? Find a breeder of them and just ask for a couple babies of a future spawn? Locate a mate for him?

But I just wanted to share because I'm so excited and he's so amazing looking! (I keep saying him but I've yet to know yet if I have a he or she. I'll be taking some pics and seeking some help on that)
>^..^<

Cory
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I'm just as envious on this board as I was on the other one ;). If I thought I could find another one of the opposite sex I'd trade you zebra fry for him. It just scares me to think of packing up a fish so terribly rare and shipping it. KenW was interested in it also, and is relatively local, isn't he? He'll have fry to trade too.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
valhallan
Groupie

Post by valhallan »

Awesome zcat :o . I'd say trade it to someone you think would have a chance at breeding them. I know they are gorgeous plecs, but I think a few zebs would be just as satisfying if you knew it was going to a good home :D

Val
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Thanks Barbie,

I'm only 3 hours from Austin. A friend of mine in Austin PMed me that you (Zcat) had purchased the amazing plec at a very good price. If you do decide to trade him/her please keep me in mind.

Ken
zcat
Groupie

Post by zcat »

I'lll e-mail ya :wink:
KenW wrote:Thanks Barbie,

I'm only 3 hours from Austin. A friend of mine in Austin PMed me that you (Zcat) had purchased the amazing plec at a very good price. If you do decide to trade him/her please keep me in mind.

Ken
>^..^<

Cory
zcat
Groupie

Post by zcat »

Agreed :) I would like to see if he could go to a breeder. All the people with just one in their tank it's going to help the overall situation much. And then I might have "pick of the litter" rights later down the road :D
valhallan wrote:Awesome zcat :o . I'd say trade it to someone you think would have a chance at breeding them. I know they are gorgeous plecs, but I think a few zebs would be just as satisfying if you knew it was going to a good home :D

Val
>^..^<

Cory
zcat
Groupie

Post by zcat »

I know I would be worried about shipping too. But if he was going to the right home and I was told exactely how to pack it might be okay.

Barbie wrote:I'm just as envious on this board as I was on the other one ;). If I thought I could find another one of the opposite sex I'd trade you zebra fry for him. It just scares me to think of packing up a fish so terribly rare and shipping it. KenW was interested in it also, and is relatively local, isn't he? He'll have fry to trade too.

Barbie
>^..^<

Cory