Hypan cotradens

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

TwoTankAmin

Hypan cotradens

Post by TwoTankAmin »

These may be the 5 most prolific fish I have. They were originally purchased as L-201s and were meant to be the foundation for a colony intended to be 8-12 fish. So I parked them in a 40B with some big old sterbais and a bunch of cardinal tetras. And suddenly one day there were fry- unfortunately eaten by the sterbais when they left the cave.

The next spawn soon after caused me to net the cave in a trap and the very next day move them into their own 20L. Due to the haste with which this was done, the tank setup was no condusive to obsrevation, especially being aboe to see what was in a lot of the caves.

Since that move they have continued to spawn regularly and last Monday I managed to suck up a few very teeny fry (.24-.375 of an inch). Clearly another spawn had been released to fend for themselves. This is about the 5th or 6th spawn since last fall and they show no signs of taking a break. :D
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
dconnors
Groupie

Post by dconnors »

I have to agree 100%, I have a group of 8 and they have spawned 6-8 times since September! It is all on one dominant male too! As soon as he kicks out a batch, he has another female trapped-he has a female trapped right now too! For some reason he has ate his last 3 cluthes though-any ideas why? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.