Worming New Zebs

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

bengranger80
Groupie

Worming New Zebs

Post by bengranger80 »

Hi Everyone,
Got some new zebs from Chens Discus about 2 weeks ago,
must say, I am pleased with the sizes.
The only issue I have and could do with some advice is that some of the zebs seem rather pale and are not really hiding. Others are really strong colour.
I was just considering the probability of some of the zebs having parasites etc, and due to my previous experience breeding discus and using kusuri wormer, maybe I should worm them just to be sure.
What do people think about this?
Is it nessecery?

I have 10 zebs in a tank 30x20x18. Is this a bit too crowded? I was thinking some of them might be stressed as there may be too many fights, maybe 7 would be better?

Thanks for any advice.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

They will fight anyway probably. i have kept more ina similar sized tank. Provide a ton of cover and caves and that helps a lot.

Parasites and worms tend to require different meds. I dont know what you can get in the UK so I cant advise.

Here in the USA I use food treated with metronidazole for parasites if fish are eating. I use flubendazole in the water for worms.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.