Long stringy poo ?

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

jerry58
Obsessed!!

Long stringy poo ?

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
My younger female over the past 2 days has been doing green stringy poos
is this normal or should I treat it if so what with. She is at the moment trying her hardest to pair up with a male for some time now and looks in very good condition she is doing a lot of fanning of her fins don't know if this is something to do with it ?.Feeding as normal except bit of live food(brine shrimp) to help condition them.

Any advice Thanks Jerry

Some pics
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Hi
I use wormer plus every month it is really good stuff I buy it from here: http://wormerplus.co.uk/

Kind regards
Jo
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi Jo

Thanks for advice do you think the female has worms if so where would they come from and what type ?.
I wash all live food do not use live blood worms(only frozen). Clean and scour tank weekly and scrub wood 2 times a week,water change 15% to 20% every day and take out uneaten food.
Also do you know if this treatment will be harmful to fry of any age or eggs ? (none in the breeding tank at the mo) but I would like to treat the fry tank with this if there is a possibility of them getting worms ?

Big THANKS Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I know that live food can be the best, especially if conditioning fish to spawn. However, with live foods that you have nor raised yourself, there will always be some level of risk from small to great. Rinsing will only remove stuff from the outside that comes off with washing. I won't remove anything attached or inside.

You may want to begin culturing your own live foods or else to switch to frozen.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi thanks will switch back to frozen food she is back to normal now .:D

Jerry