5th spawn

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
jerry58
Obsessed!!

5th spawn

Post by jerry58 »

Hi me main man has done it again!! :D

Just a update they spawned yesterday and he is now in the cave with the one from 1st spawn and 4 from spawn 2,3 and 2 from 4th spawn while looking after the 5th spawn :shock:
He has kicked out 1 egg I am not very good yet at weather it is good or bad unless the signs are obvious but not sure of this one can anybody help on this one?

Thanks Jerry

Here is pic of 5th spawn not easy to see the eggs are under shadow of left fin sorry only had one shot at it.
Also couple of pics of the egg all else seems ok at the mo 8)
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Randy bugger, well done :clap:
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi
Quick update on the egg He had let two eggs out by yesterday both of which I put in a breeder trap and are 3 days old now they look ok now to me.
Maybe its time to remove the other fry from the cave as this might be the cause of the eggs out and about any thoughts ?.
Here is a pic

Thanks Jerry
Caution is a most valuable asset in fish keeping, especially if you are the fish.
John

Post by John »

jerry58 wrote:Maybe its time to remove the other fry from the cave as this might be the cause of the eggs out and about any thoughts ?.
Here is a pic
Yes this could well be the cause
Greetings,
John
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x276/hypancistrus-zebra/half.gif[/img]
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi John
Thanks for the reply just needed someone to confirm this might be the case, I think I will wait till the 5th spawn fry are free swimming then will remove the other fry from the alpha males cave.Does anybody know the best way and less stressful for the fish how I should remove them?.
What options have I got in this case any help will be appreciated.:idea:

Thanks Jerry
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi

Update.... I removed all the fry from the alpha males cave yesterday successfully and they are all ok and doing well 8)
Now the male can have a bit of a well earned rest (other female is shifting around and well up for it plump and looking good) :wink:

Jerry
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

Super news Jerry nice one :D
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
mistern2005
Obsessed!!

Post by mistern2005 »

So, as someone who is ready for thier zebras to breed - any words of wisdom? Did you do anything special to trigger the first spawn? Anything to trigger subsequent spawns? Water paramaters, lighting, setup, anything you could share would be VERY much appreciate by those who are super-jealous of your wonderful success.
L046 Breeders - 2M/3F / Lots of other L046 subadults and juveniles.
Lots of L144 - LF/SF, M/F, you name it...