Backwards Zebra?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

TwoTankAmin

Backwards Zebra?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

This is a first for me. One of my breeders has recently taken up residence in a cave. There would be nothing unusual about this except that every time I have checked the cave, the fish is facing out not towards the back of the cave. I have never seen this before. Yes, one may get reversed now and then but this time we are talking about this going on for a few weeks now. I am not sure, but I think the fish is a fm.

Has anybody else seen this sort of behavior before? Does anybody have a clue? Should I be concerned or should I just assume it is just another case of learning something new about my fish yet again?

The one thing I didn't consider is that maybe it is watching me :roll:
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
jerry58
Obsessed!!

Post by jerry58 »

Hi i'm no expert but just think this normal for them.Mine have done this and did not come to anything this pic was taken some time ago and nothing happened. I think they just probably feel safer looking outward.Maybe someone has other idea hope this helps.

Jerry
lgb
Forum Follower

Post by lgb »

Some of my the small l-46 are also doing, but it is always the small ones :wink:
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I have a breeding female that sits facing outward in a cave
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
unungy
Groupie

Post by unungy »

I thought females don't go inside caves at all? Am I wrong?

My male also does the same thing.... specially when the lights are off.

--------------------------------------

I'm Still learning.....
Edlund

Post by Edlund »

My L046 males does that.The dominant male is the only i have seen doing it.Also my L260 female does it :)