Does warmer water make the zebra babies grow quicker.

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

RAYISKING
Groupie

Does warmer water make the zebra babies grow quicker.

Post by RAYISKING »

This is a pic of two of my fry at only 1 month they are about an inch. I am looking for the other fry to see how they have grown. I was wondering if this is because they have stood with the parents or cause of the warmer water my water temp never drops below 86.
twinspots_goby
Obsessed!!

Post by twinspots_goby »

Are you sure that it only takes a month for your fries to grow up to an inch? To me it's a joke! :lol:
L46 x 24 adults + 60 fries
RAYISKING
Groupie

Post by RAYISKING »

Nope that is how big they are there are 2 that are below and in maybe 3/4 of an inch that is why I am asking they grew very quickly.
403fish
Forum Follower

Post by 403fish »

wow... looks big after only a month. Mine is around that size for awhile now.
Wanted: L174
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

86 is a lot higher than I keep ours - Ours take about 6 months to reach 1"

I have found that they grow better when kept with the parent - Probubly due to the fact that I feed the tank more :)

another theory i have is that they grow more if they are more active - I have 6 in a breeding trap that I have built up from other breeders F1 fry to give me another group for the future - they are hardly growing at all.. meanwhile our young fry in the main tank are growing well... ??
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
RAYISKING
Groupie

Post by RAYISKING »

Maybe it is a combination of things the water the food and being with the parents there is also a lot of current and aeriation in my tank so maybe it is all those things together.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Nost folks seem to find that fry left in the breeder tanks grow the fastest. I certainly have.

As for temp- higher temp normally translates into faster growth for most fry. Of course this is relative in term of what "mormal" temps might be for any given species. However, elevating the temp needs to be accompanied by additional food.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
Dane
Forum Follower

Post by Dane »

plenty food and plenty waterchanges to match as clean water and good food = good growth

Dane
Plec List. L134, L201, L46, L260