Snubnose

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Addict
Forum Follower

Snubnose

Post by Addict »

Hello,

I've seen some pics on this forum from zebs with a snubnose. How come some zebs have it? Is it a result of inbreeding or is it rather harmless? If you have an opportunity to buy some, should you avoid selecting fish with a snubnose?

Sorry if it's already posted somewhere else, but couldn't really find anything.

Greets
pureplecs
Groupie

Post by pureplecs »

The sticky (bulldog fry) at the top of the General Care and Breeding section (this section) should give you the information you are looking for... or some interesting reading at least...

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... t=snubnose
Addict
Forum Follower

Post by Addict »

Thanks, so an honest breeder won't put them for sale.
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Not intentionally. However, there are varying degrees of snubbing that range from very mild to clearly deformed. When zebs are smaller it is easy to miss it, especially when dealing with lots of fry.

Normally, I keep any snubbers for my tanks. But I have managed to miss one in one shipment. Of course any reputable seller will offer to make good when this happens.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.