L46 in a planted tank

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Addict
Forum Follower

Post by Addict »

Thanks for the replies guys.

I still have a 200L tank I'm not using atm (100x50x40cm). Maybe it's better to use that one and put the zebs in there? I know you said they explore the whole tank when the lights go out so basicly it shouldn't be a problem if I already move the 3 zebs and 2 ancistrus to the 200L tank?

The bottom of the tank is in glass so I'll have to use sand I guess, or is it better without?

Pic of the tank:

Greets
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I use no sand or gravel in my zeb tank but this is for ease of cleaning I do have sand in other plec tanks so it is down to what you prefer both are ok.
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
TDI-line
Groupie

Post by TDI-line »

Hi Addict,

i'd personally keep the Zeb's in there own species tank, that way you can enjoy them more and actually see them.

As soon as you put them in your planted tank, they'll just disappear into hiding, and not where you placed your caves etc. Lol.

Also to consider is that Zeb's like higher temps (of course like Discus do), and very aerated water, which is impossibel when adding CO2 as this removes the CO2. And then there is your Fert dosing, which may be contradictory to the Zebs. Eg. adding nitrates, phosphates etc. ;)

I have 2 tanks, one for my Zebs, which is very clinical with caves and no subtrate, and then my 720 litre high tech planted tank.

Regards,

Dan.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2641