Breeders with Tankmates

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

GlockFu
Obsessed!!

Breeders with Tankmates

Post by GlockFu »

I know the concensus is to have a species only tank but I just wanted to see how many people that are actually breeding Zebras have tankmates and how many don't.

If you are currently breeding. Please reply and say if you do or do not have tankmates in with the breeders. :)

Thanks!
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

I have had something in the neighborhood of 45 spawns in the past 2.5 years from my zebras. All in a species tank. The group size is currently 10 but began as 13.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Hi have a mixture, 3 x (3ft) tanks with Penguins( 8 ) and cardinals( 8 ) in each compared to 4 x (3ft) tanks without, all tanks have produce roughly the same amount of spawns.

Each tank has 2 males and 3 females in.
Last edited by I_Need_Zebras on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details
GlockFu
Obsessed!!

Post by GlockFu »

Wow... You've got a lot of Zebs I_Need_Zebras... So you have 7 tanks with Zebras in them?

This is great info TwoTankAdmin and I_need Zebras

Keep it coming, I'm sure a lot more people are interested in this then just me :wink:
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I have 3 corys in with my breeding colony
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
GlockFu
Obsessed!!

Post by GlockFu »

Jo's - thats really interesting that you chose to put corries with your zebs since they are relatively very good scavengers compared to the zebs but that's awesome that it works for you.

I know there's more breeders out there :wink: ...
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

In total, I have over 30 tanks, but only 7 have adult zebs in, others are used for fry tanks and growong / quarantine tanks etc.
[b]Stuart[/b]
Looking for L260's - adult or fry, PM with any details