999 !!!!! help

If it isn't to late, and you're desperately looking for some advice, hopefully someone can help you out.

civicr
Obsessed!!

999 !!!!! help

Post by civicr »

i just cleaned my juvi tank and looked into my main tank and noticed a very batterd and bruised zeb aslso i can see red on it its very pale like a fight has taken place

i tryed geting it out its cave but no such luck stuck hard also there is no movment when i shine torch into its cave

im thinking the worst poor wee sole also i thibnk its a youg zeb i wont no till prob tomo if its dead

im gutted

anytihing i could do to help it or tank??? ip have myxazin is that any good?

i just did 40%water change just incase but all other zebs seem fine.
2x wild zebs
4x mature zebs
6x juvi zebs
3x zeb fry 2days old 11/09/08
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

I have just had the same thing happen with a L201 sub male over the weekend he was chewed to bits really battered I poped him in a trap with a cave and treated with melafix and almond leaves it did'nt work but you have to try somthing, good luck
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

In these cases, the only ones I've ever saved were the ones that I removed to a 10 gallon aquarium with water from their original tank. I add additional aeration along with their filter and then dose with a broad spectrum antibiotic along with daily water changes. I also add a teaspoon or salt per gallon to help them regulate their osmotic balance. If they look swollen I add a bit more. They're so systemically traumatized it's important to treat for secondary infection as much as the original injury. I'm not sure it will help, but it really is the only thing I've had success with doing.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
civicr
Obsessed!!

j

Post by civicr »

thanks for the advice,im going to chek to cave tonight and see,but i think the poor wee zeb will be dead,ive never seen any of my plecs as batterd as that 1,

its crap ive only ever had 2other very young zebs die on me and every time i still get the same sad feeling,

:(

thanks ryan
2x wild zebs
4x mature zebs
6x juvi zebs
3x zeb fry 2days old 11/09/08
Jo's Zebs

Post by Jo's Zebs »

How is he doing?
L number plecos and pleco products worldwide delivery www.rareaquatics.co.uk