zebra trapped

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
will74
Groupie

zebra trapped

Post by will74 »

I have a male that has trapped another smaller zebra in it's cave and wont let it out, been in there for 3 days. Should I be worried? they have not been in the tank long enough to breed, and at 2.5 inches I don't think they are even mature enough. They have only been in the tank for two weeks, I would think that they have not even had time to establish a pecking order.
Any Ideas? Should I help the smaller zebra out of the cave or give it a few more days? They don't seem to be fighting, one just stays at the very back of the cave and the other one stays at the entrance.
I_Need_Zebras
Obsessed!!

Post by I_Need_Zebras »

Sounds like a courtship to me, fingers crossed.
sam
Obsessed!!

Post by sam »

Give them a few more days and se what happens :)
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

If the one at the back of the cave isn't taking damage, leave them alone. It can take a month or more (and has for me) and 2.5" is certainly large enough to spawn. Any time you move fish you cause fluctuations in water parameters and sometimes that's all that's needed for our zebras.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
RAYISKING
Groupie

Post by RAYISKING »

I just had 2 zebras in a cave one on top of the other and I look in turn off the lights in the tank and nothing. It is better not to bother them when they are in there after you notice touch nothing.
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Post by Stevie.K »

Just leave them to it, if the other fish leaves you may well have a spawn, but they may leave the cave without a spawn.
This is quite normal if it happens as they may take time to get it right.
Good luck. :wink:
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Awesome Heating Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

To the person asking about plumbing and heating engineer, heating system service, heating and cooling repair services, anthony's heating and cooling, turner heating, heating and cooling in my area, I highly recommend this great AC cleaning service advice or heating and air conditioning near me, integrity heating and cooling, waggoners heat and air, goyette heating and cooling, heating ac, armstrong heating and cooling, and don't forget this great plumbing cleaning service forum not to mention chapman heating and air, oil furnace replacement, heating and air conditioning repair, new central heating system, plumbing & heating near me, air care heating and cooling, on top of this high rated boiler cleaning service info which is also great. Also have a look at this recommended heating installation service link on top of comfort heating and air conditioning, air tech heating and cooling, heating cooling near me, star heating and air, gas boiler installation, air on heating and on cooling, not to mention this new plumbing installation service link as well as air on heating and on cooling, mini split contractors near me, heat exchanger repair, anthony's heating and cooling, gas heating engineer near me, commercial heating systems, as well as high rated plumbing cleaning service blog which is also worth a look. I also recommend this recommended heating installation service details on top of air source heat pump servicing near me, best heating and cooling near me, heating companies in my area, heater tune up, boiler maintenance, mini split heating and cooling system, not to mention this new boiler cleaning service site alongside all furnace technician near me, metro heating and air, ductwork installation, 1st choice heating and air, precise heating, hvac mechanical, as well as updated AC cleaning service forum which is also great. Finally, have a look at this top AC cleaning service link for good measure. Check more Awesome Heating TipsSite a32d8c7
FrankJScott
Mentally Certified!

Excellent Home GymDetails

Post by FrankJScott »

In reply to the guy asking about rubber gym equipment, home from the gym, weider pro 6900 home gym system, marcy club home gym, portable workout equipment, home gym cage system, I highly recommend this excellent home gym info or best portable gym, best portable gym equipment, labodi spin bike, pull up machine gym, marcy pro smith machine, gym all machine price, not to mention this awesome home gym model as well as workout machines for home, core home fitness adjustable dumbbell, weider weight system, bowflex conquest, marcy exercise equipment, prx garage gym, as well as this best home gym model which is also great. Also have a look at this useful home gym product on top of multi station home gym equipment, best all in one workout machine, weider pro 575, bowflex xtreme 1, best weight lifting equipment, teeter fitform home gym, and don't forget this best home gym info on top of exercise equipment for small spaces, body solid exm3000lps, home gym combo, garage workout equipment, bowflex motivator 2, the gym equipment, and don't forget recommended home gym model which is also worth a look. I also suggest this awesome home gym product on top of garage gym pulley system, complete home gym, compact gym equipment, body solid g10b, rogue home gym builder, home boxing gym, and don't forget this awesome home gym make on top of best at home boxing equipment, converting garage into gym, best bowflex home gym, inexpensive workout equipment, at home gym, gym equipment store near me, on top of useful home gym info which is also great. Finally, have a look at this top home gym info for good measure. Check more New Humidifier Info d0_9064